For many years, a number of cultures from around the world have been aware of the healthful benefits of drinking tea. It is now the case that more and more people are coming to understand the benefits of incorporating different teas into their daily routines.
Different teas will offer different benefits and one tea which offers a host of benefits and not only that, a tea which is increasingly being drunk for its flavor is chamomile tea. There is a great deal of research that supports the benefits of this tea and as more and more research is conducted, the tea is showing more and more promise for many ailments, both acute and chronic. There are so many benefits to this tea, 5 of which are listed below.
- For an all-over health boost, chamomile tea is a good choice. Chamomile flowers contain many substances that offer a benefit throughout the body. The tea is known to be antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory. Taken regularly, it can be used proactively to keep the body free from many of the pathogens that are common in cases of the disease.
- Chamomile tea is well known for its sedative properties due to the flavonoids which are present in the plant. Many studies support the calming effects which many people experience from drinking tea. It is commonly used by those suffering from conditions such as anxiety due to its ability to comfort and calm the nervous system. Many people find it useful as a sleep aid and will commonly take a cup of chamomile tea before going to bed at night.
- Chamomile tea has been shown to have wide-reaching benefits for digestive health and this is largely due to its anti-inflammatory properties. For those who suffer from bloating or feel fullness after a meal, chamomile tea has been shown to offer benefits in calming the digestive tract to allow easier passage of food through the digestive tract. It will, therefore, help with bowel movements and regularity. Those suffering from irritable bowel syndrome, stomach cramps, and nausea have reported an improvement in their symptoms with regular use of the tea.
- Chamomile tea is used as a booster for the immune system and this is due to the phenols contained in the plant. The tea is commonly used to help fight flu, sinus, and other infections.
- Users of the tea have also reported an improvement in their skin, hair, and nails with regular use. It can help with conditions such as dandruff and itchy scalp
For maximum benefit, it is recommended that the tea be taken on a regular, daily basis. Everyone is different and when using the kent & sussex tea and coffee company, you will quickly discover how many cups per day to take to benefit you. Between 1 and 4 cups are recommended. The leaf can also be used as a garnish on many foods and this is another good way of utilizing its benefits. For those who are caffeine sensitive, chamomile tea is naturally caffeine-free.