Did you know that avocado oil is perfect for avoiding split ends, fighting dandruff and giving hair extra moisture? It is also ideal for boosting hair growth.
Avocado oil is not very well known in the commercial world. However, it hides many benefits that are worth knowing, as it can be used as a cosmetic, cream, lotion, mask, etc.
In this article we review 8 different ways to benefit from all its properties in a simple and natural way.
Avocado Oil Nutrients
Avocado oil stands out for its high content of fatty acids. Thus, in addition to being a very healthy food, it is also an excellent product to use as a home cosmetic, moisturizing and nutritious.
This vegetable oil is extracted from the stone and pulp of the avocado (Persea Gratissima), to obtain a golden, thick and very unctuous liquid that, despite its texture, is easily absorbed.
It is rich in vitamins and has a high antioxidant power.
According to PurtierStore this oil will allow us to give shine, smoothness and elasticity to the skin and hair, also avoids the use of other conventional cosmetics that contain ingredients potentially harmful to health.
Cosmetic uses of avocado oil
1. To prevent wrinkles in dry and mature skin
- Avocado oil, rich in polyunsaturated fatty oils. Therefore, it is one of the best options to deeply nourish dry and mature skins.
- When applied daily, it helps to give greater elasticity to the skin and to prevent the appearance of wrinkles.
- This oil, on the other hand, is not suitable for young, oily or acne prone skin, as it could produce an excess of sebum.
- We can also combine avocado oil with others such as coconut oil or rosehip oil.
2. To reduce stretch marks
Thanks to its ability to nourish the skin and increase its flexibility, avocado oil is an excellent moisturizer to prevent stretch marks.
It can even be very effective in eliminating incipient stretch marks, when they are still pink.
We can prepare an excellent homemade anti-stretch mark by mixing equal parts of avocado oil with almond oil.
We will apply it in the shower on the humid and warm skin, just before drying ourselves with the towel.
In this way we will get a hydrated skin, but not greasy.
3. To avoid split ends
To avoid split ends, dry and damaged when we let the hair grow we should apply only a drop of avocado oil on wet or dry hair.
Extend it between the two hands to distribute it well and then massage the ends of the hair.
If your hair is very dry, you can do it every day. Otherwise, we will do it once a week.
4. To nourish cracked heels
Cracked heels need deep nourishing treatment to help repair damaged skin.
To achieve this, we can mix avocado oil with coarse salt and exfoliate our heels with this natural peeling.
We will do it in the shower and, when we go out, we will hydrate our heels again with oil.
Read more: Our review of Thrive Market Coconut Oil
5. To combat dandruff and hair loss
If your hair is greasy, it is not recommended to use it at the root. You can apply it from middle to end, which will give it hydration and softness.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (30 g).
- The juice of ½ lemon.
- An egg yolk.
- How do we apply it?
- Mix the avocado oil with the lemon and egg yolk in a bowl. If we want a more liquid texture we can add a little water.
- Massage the scalp with this preparation.
- Cover your head with a damp towel and let it work for at least two hours.
- After the indicated time we will wash the hair with our habitual shampoo.
6. For dry elbows
To prevent and treat dry elbows we will act in the same way as with heels. However, on this occasion, instead of mixing avocado oil with coarse salt, we will combine it with baking soda.
We will exfoliate once a week.
7. During pregnancy
During pregnancy we can use all these tips to keep the skin of the belly area elastic and hydrated, especially to prevent stretch marks.
8. To nourish eyebrows and eyelashes
- Every night, before going to bed, with a mascara brush we can apply a drop of avocado oil mixed with castor oil to our eyebrows and eyelashes.
- In this way, in a few weeks, more hair will grow for thicker eyebrows and longer, thicker eyelashes.
- Avocado oil is an excellent cosmetic. Put the recommendations into practice and get surprising results. Don’t forget to try it!