I like many people struggle to fall asleep and stay asleep at night. The discomfort that you are I may be feeling could be caused by what lies beneath our heads. That’s right it could be as simple as my pillow.
I’m sure that all of us have experienced what it feels like to sleep on an uncomfortable pillow. Either its too firm or the filling needs constant adjustment. That’s why I’m interested in the sleepgram pillow which comes with adjustable inserts and a 100 day trial period.
Why an adjustable pillow?
The sleepgram is made for those of us that sleep in several different positions at night. Whether you are a side, back, or stomach sleeper the Sleepgram is helpful for different ranges of support for each sleep position. This is a fluffier pillow that can be medium to soft in firmness, very similar to a down or fluffy cotton pillow.
Also if you have allergies or pets this pillow might be good for you as it is hypoallergenic. This would not be ideal for someone that prefers a firm or memory foam type pillow. Something to consider as well is your budget.
The Sleepgram pillow is made up of three parts. The first being the cushioned shell that unzips to hold the two inner pillow inserts. The medium firm insert is marked with a red tab and the softer insert marked blue.
Both can be used together, separately, or the outer shell without inserts. The outer pillow shell is made from 100% cotton as well as the outer shell of the two interior pillows. The interior pillows are filled with microfiber which is a down alternative that makes it hypoallergenic.
- Adjustable for different sleeping positions using the two pillow inserts in combination or separately.
- Machine washable.
- 100 % cotton covering and hypoallergenic filling. Great option for those that want animal free bedding.
- 100 day trial period.
- Soft to medium firmness not a firm pillow. No memory foam.
- Maintenance. The pillow needs to be fluffed periodically unlike foam.
- Material can be noisy when adjusting your head.
- Microfiber filling which can get hot if you are a warm sleeper.
Features & Benefits
The Sleepgram is made to be an adjustable pillow which means you can adjust it to your liking. So if you are a side sleeper then you could keep both of the insert pillows in so the pillow is at its maximum height to provide head and neck support.
While this is good for side sleeping it may be too much support for you to sleep on your back with this configuration. So taking out the soft insert and leaving the medium in will allow less elevation of the head but still adds support while on your back. Some people may prefer even less elevation and just use the soft insert.
The Sleepgram with the soft insert is ideal for stomach sleepers. Like the options for back sleepers if this is still too elevated for head and neck comfort then the pillow can be used without either of the inserts.
This video shows the pillow and inserts assembled in various ways to get an idea of the look and feel of the pillow.
What others think about the Sleepgram
I looked at several different sites to find what others had to say about the sleepgram pillow. Here is what others enjoyed about the Sleepgram pillow.
Pillows a Plenty : Pillow alternatives to the Sleepgram
It is important to do your own research and check what the market has to offer. These are some other pillows offering a similar design or function as the sleepgram.
- The Morphiis which has six inserts, two of the inserts are foam and the other four are micro fiber. This pillow is a bit more expensive but it would be better for someone looking for a firm pillow that is still adjustable.
- The Pancake Pillow also has six layers but the difference is that each pillow insert is the same density of microfiber. This would allow for more choice and would be softer since there is not a foam pillow insert.
- A more economical option would be the SONGMICS Pillow with 3 Inserts. There are 200, 300, and 500 gram microfiber inserts that can be used together or separately. This would be a good option if you want more configurations for adjustability. It is also the most affordable pillow on the list. Some components like the zipper may be less reliable but overall very similar to the Sleepgram in materials and design.
All of these are definitely options to consider depending on budget and personal preference. Factoring in your lifestyle and daily needs for maintenance will ensure you pick the best pillow for your needs. Both the Morphiis and Pancake are a bit pricier than the Sleepgram. The Songmics pillow is the most affordable out of the bunch.
There are many things to consider when purchasing a pillow. Everyone just wants a good night’s rest so it’s important to know your needs for firm or soft pillows as well as quality and durability of a brand.
The Sleepgram can offer a soft yet supportive sleep experience that is friendly to those with allergies. It’s also a nice option if you are a side and stomach sleeper to be able to adjust the thickness of the pillow instead of having multiple pillows.