There are plenty of kid friendly activities to enjoy in Zarzal, Colombia. For starters, the Ciudad Perdida, or ‘Lost City’, is a great place to explore. This ancient city is thought to have been founded by the Tayrona people around 800 AD, and is a great example of pre-Columbian architecture. The site is incredibly well preserved, and visitors can explore the many temples, plazas, and residential areas. There is also a museum on site that is enjoyable for kids and adults alike.
In addition to the Ciudad Perdida, Zarzal is home to a number of parks and playgrounds. The Parque de la Libertad is a great spot for a picnic, and the Parque de los Niños is perfect for little ones to run around and explore. Zarzal is also home to a number of animal sanctuaries, including the Parque de los Arrieros, which is home to a variety of indigenous animals, and the Santuario de Fauna y Flora, which is a rescue center for injured or orphaned animals.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Zarzal, Colombia
1. Visit the National Museum of Colombia: The National Museum of Colombia is a great place to learn about the country’s rich history and culture. There are plenty of interactive exhibits and activities for kids to enjoy.
2. Explore the Ruins of San Agustin: The ruins of San Agustin are a must-see for any history buff. Kids will love exploring the ancient site and learning about the people who once lived there.
3. Take a Hike in the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta: The Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta is home to some of the most beautiful scenery in all of Colombia. Kids will love hiking through the forest and taking in the spectacular views.
4. Whitewater Rafting on the Rio Magdalena:Whitewater rafting on the Rio Magdalena is an exhilarating experience the whole family can enjoy. There are plenty of rapids to navigate and the scenery is simply breathtaking.
5. Go on a Safari in Tatacoa Desert: The Tatacoa Desert is home to some of the most unique wildlife in all of Colombia. Kids will love going on a safari and seeing the different animals up close.
6. Visit the Cocora Valley: The Cocora Valley is one of the most beautiful places in Colombia. Kids will love hiking through the valley and admiring the stunning scenery.
7. Take a Boat Ride through the Cano Cristales: The Cano Cristales is a must-see for any nature lover. Kids will love taking a boat ride through the river and seeing all the different colors of the water.
8.Explore the Lost City of Teyuna: The Lost City of Teyuna is an ancient city that is shrouded in mystery. Kids will love exploring the ruins and trying to solve the mystery of what happened to the city.
9. rappel down the Sirara Waterfalls: The Sirara Waterfalls are some of the most beautiful in all of Colombia. Kids will love rappelling down the waterfall and admiring the view from the bottom.
10. Visit the Colonial City of Cartagena: The Colonial City of Cartagena is a beautiful place to learn about Colombian history and culture. Kids will love exploring the city and seeing all the different sights.