There are many kid friendly things to do in Yerington, Nevada. The city is home to a number of parks and recreation areas, as well as a number of family-friendly attractions. Parks in Yerington include the Mason Valley Wildlife Management Area, which is a great place to view wildlife and go hiking, and the Yerington Community Park, which offers a playground, picnic areas, and a walking trail. The Yerington Public Library is also a great place for kids, with a variety of books, activities, and programs available. Other kid-friendly attractions in Yerington include the Silver Springs State Fish Hatchery, where kids can learn about fish and see them up close, and the Silver state National Historic Landmark District, which offers a variety of historic buildings and sites to explore.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Yerington, Nevada
1. Visit the Mason Valley Wildlife Area – This wildlife area is a great place to take the kids for a day of nature exploration. There are hiking trails, a visitor center, and plenty of opportunities to spot wildlife.
2. Go fishing at Lake Lahontan – Nevada’s largest freshwater lake is a great spot for a day of fishing. You can fish from the shore or rent a boat to explore the lake.
3. Take a scenic drive – There are plenty of scenic drives to take in the area. One great option is the loop around the Pilot Peak area.
4. Visit a ghost town – Yerington is home to the ghost town of Mogul. You can explore the abandoned buildings and learn about the town’s history.
5. Hike to a waterfall – There are several waterfalls in the area that make for great hiking destinations. One of the most popular is Rainbow Falls on the Walker River.
6. Play golf – Golfers of all skill levels can enjoy a round or two at one of Yerington’s several golf courses.
7. Take a dip in a hot spring – There are several hot springs in the area, including the popular Little Fish Lake Hot Spring.
8. Visit a museum – The Yerington Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the area. The museum also has a children’s play area.
9. Go stargazing – The clear night sky in Yerington is perfect for stargazing. Head out to one of the many dark sky areas in the area to get the best views.
10. Attend a festival – Yerington hosts several festivals throughout the year, including the Mayfest celebration in May and the Pumpkin Festival in October.