There are a variety of kid friendly things to do in Yawata, Japan. Families can enjoy the J fun town which includes an indoor soft play area, an outdoor play area, a petting zoo, and a wide variety of other activities. The city also has a number of parks perfect for a picnic lunch or a game of catch. The Kitanozaka Park has a large playground perfect for noisy games, while the Nakanoshima Park is a beautiful spot to relax and take in the cherry blossoms in spring. For a more active day out, kids can enjoy hiking or cycling in the mountains surrounding Yawata, or swimming in one of the many rivers and lakes in the area.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Yawata, Japan
1. Take a dip in the Yawata Municipal Pool. This large pool is heated and open year-round, making it a great option for swimming no matter the weather.
2. Visit the Yawata Municipal Zoo. This small zoo features a variety of animals, including lions, tigers, and bears.
3. Get active at the Yawata Sports Complex. This facility offers a variety of indoor and outdoor activities, including basketball, tennis, and football.
4. Go for a hike in the nearby mountains. There are plenty of trails to choose from, and the scenery is simply breathtaking.
5. Play a round of golf at the Yawata Golf Club. This course offers 18 holes of challenging play, and stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
6. Visit the Yawata Museum. This museum features exhibits on the history and culture of the area, and is a great option for a rainy day.
7. Take a stroll through Yawata Park. This large park is perfect for a leisurely walk or picnic, and also features a playground and pond.
8. Shop for souvenirs at the Yawata Market. This market features a variety of vendors selling everything from food to clothes to souvenirs.
9. Sample the local cuisine. Yawata is known for its delicious cuisine, so be sure to try some of the local dishes while you’re in town.
10. Relax at an onsen. There are several traditional Japanese hot springs in the area, perfect for a relaxing afternoon.