There are many kid friendly things to do in Yara, Cuba. First, there is the Cuba Children’s Museum which is full of interactive exhibits designed to educate and entertain children. Then, there is the Playa del Este which is a beautiful sandy beach that is perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and building sandcastles. There are also several parks in Yara that are perfect for picnics, games, and exploring. And, of course, no visit to Yara would be complete without a trip to the famous Ernest Hemingway House which offers tours, gardens, and a look into the writer’s life.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Yara, Cuba
1. Visit the Castillo de San Pedro de la Roca. This fortress is a great example of Spanish colonial architecture and is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Cuba.
2. Take a dip in the Bay of Pigs. This bay is home to some of the best beaches in Cuba and is perfect for a day of swimming and relaxing.
3. Explore the National Park of Sierra Maestra. This national park is home to stunning scenery, hiking trails, and waterfalls.
4. Check out the Ernest Hemingway Museum. This museum is dedicated to the famous author and Nobel Prize winner and is located in his former home in Cuba.
5. Discover the history of Old Havana. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is full of historical landmarks and is a must-see for any history buff.
6. Go on a safari at the Zapata Swamp. This nature reserve is home to a variety of animals, including crocodiles, and is a great place to go for a nature hike.
7. Visit the Museum of the Revolution. This museum is dedicated to the history of the Cuban Revolution and is full of interesting exhibits.
8. Take a ride on the Gran Piedra. This cable car ride takes you to the top of a mountain for breathtaking views of the surrounding area.
9. Relax on the beach at Varadero. This world-famous beach resort town is perfect for a leisurely beach vacation.
10. Sample the local cuisine. Cuba is home to some delicious food, so be sure to try some of the traditional dishes while you’re here.