Worthington is a great place for families with kids. There are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in the area, including the Hershey Story Museum, Hershey Park, and Hershey Gardens. Families can also enjoy the many state parks and forests in the area. Some other great kid-friendly activities in Worthington include visiting the Lancaster Science Factory, the National Toy Train Museum, and spending a day at the Strasburg Rail Road.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Worthington, Pennsylvania
1) Visit the Pennsylvania State Capitol in Harrisburg – The Pennsylvania State Capitol is a beautiful building located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Guided tours are available, and there is also a museum located in the Capitol.
2) Take a Tour of the Hershey Chocolate Factory – The Hershey Chocolate Factory offers tours of their facility, and you can even taste some of their chocolates at the end of the tour!
3) Visit the Gettysburg National Battlefield – The Gettysburg National Battlefield is a National Park located in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. Visitors can take tours of the battlefield, and there is also a museum on the premises.
4) Go on a Hike in the Pine Creek Gorge – The Pine Creek Gorge is a beautiful gorge located in Pennsylvania. There are many hiking trails available, and visitors can also go tubing or canoeing in the gorge.
5) Visit the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire – The Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire is held annually in Mount Hope, Pennsylvania. Visitors can dress up in Renaissance-era clothing, watch shows, and shop for handmade goods.
6) Visit the Flight 93 National Memorial – The Flight 93 National Memorial is located in Shanksville, Pennsylvania. This memorial is dedicated to the victims of Flight 93, which crashed on September 11th, 2001.
7) Take a Ride on the Strasburg Railroad – The Strasburg Railroad is a historic steam train located in Strasburg, Pennsylvania. Visitors can take a ride on the train, and there is also a museum on the premises.
8) Visit the National Civil War Museum – The National Civil War Museum is located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The museum features exhibits on the Civil War, and there is also a research center on the premises.
9) Go Apple Picking at Tait Farm – Tait Farm is a working farm located in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. Visitors can pick their own apples, and there are also a number of other activities available on the farm.
10) Visit the Pennsylvania Farm Show – The Pennsylvania Farm Show is held annually in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The show features exhibits on agriculture, and there are also many events and activities held throughout the week.