There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Woodville, Texas! For starters, the city offers a variety of parks and playgrounds for children to enjoy. Families can also take advantage of the city’s public pool, which is open during the summer months. The Woodville Public Library also offers a variety of programs and events for kids, such as story times, puppet shows, and arts and crafts. Additionally, the Woodville Museum offers a number of exhibits and programs that are perfect for kids. And, of course, no visit to Woodville would be complete without a stop at the East Texas Zoo!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Woodville, Texas
1. Visit the Nature Center – The Woodville Nature Center offers a variety of activities for kids, including educational programs, guided nature walks, and opportunities to explore the center’s grounds.
2. Go fishing at Riverside Park – Riverside Park is a great place to take the kids for a day of fishing. The park has a pond stocked with catfish, bass, and perch, and there is also a fishing pier where kids can try their luck at catching some of the bigger fish.
3. Visit the Wildlife Museum – The Woodville Wildlife Museum is a great place to learn about the local animals and plants. The museum has a variety of exhibits featuring different wildlife, and kids can also participate in educational programs and Feed the Animals tours.
4. Have a picnic at one of the city parks – Woodville has a number of parks perfect for a family picnic, including Riverside Park, Nature Park, and Veteran’s Memorial Park.
5. Go for a swim at the Woodville Municipal Pool – The Woodville Municipal Pool is a great place to cool off on a hot day. The pool has a diving board, slides, and a kiddie pool area, making it a great place for the whole family to enjoy.
6. Play mini golf at Family Fun Center – Family Fun Center is a great place to take the kids for a day of fun. The center has an 18-hole mini golf course, an arcade, and a number of other games and activities to keep the kids entertained.
7. Tour the Tyler County Courthouse – The Tyler County Courthouse is a historic landmark in Woodville, and kids will enjoy taking a tour of the building and learning about its history.
8. Go for a walk or bike ride on the Woodville trails – Woodville has a number of trails that are perfect for a family walk or bike ride. The trails wind through the woods and offer beautiful views of the surrounding area.
9. Visit the Woodville Public Library – The Woodville Public Library is a great place to take the kids for a day of learning. The library has a variety of programs and activities for kids, and the staff is always happy to help kids find the perfect book.
10. Have a blast at the Woodville Water Park – The Woodville Water Park is a great place to take the kids for a day of fun. The park has a number of slides and pools, and kids can also participate in water activities such as inflatable raft races.