When it comes to family fun, Woodside, Delaware has something for everyone! For the young and the young at heart, our charming town is home to a variety of kid-friendly activities.
One of the most popular attractions is the Woodside Creamery, where families can enjoy delicious ice cream while watching the cows graze in the nearby pasture. The Creamery also offers a petting zoo and hayrides, making it a perfect stop for a summer day.
Just down the road is Woodside Playland, a large playground with a wide variety of equipment to keep kids of all ages entertained. The park also has a pavilion which can be rented for birthday parties and other special occasions.
For a truly unique experience, families can take a ride on the Woodside Railroad. This historic train runs through the woods and provides stunning views of the Delaware countryside.
When it comes to shopping, Woodside is home to a variety of charming shops, many of which are geared towards children. The Toy Shop is a favorite among locals, as it offers a wide selection of toys, games, and puzzles.
Woodside is also home to a number of excellent restaurants, many of which offer kid-friendly menu options. A few of our favorites include the Woodside Diner, which has a cute retro atmosphere, and Juice Box, which specializes in healthy smoothies and juices.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Woodside, Delaware
1. Visit the Woodside Creamery for a tour and ice cream tasting.
2. Head to Tri-State Zoological Park to see exotic animals from all over the world.
3. Play a round of mini golf at Monster Mini Golf.
4. Go on a horseback riding adventure at Delaware Horseback Riding.
5. Visit the Woodside Farm Brewery for a tour and tasting.
6. Play at one of the many playgrounds in Woodside.
7. Learn about nature at the Woodside Nature Center.
8. Go fishing at one of the many ponds in Woodside.
9. Take a walk or bike ride on one of the many trails in Woodside.
10. Have a picnic in one of the many parks in Woodside.