If you’re looking for fun things to do with kids in Wisconsin Rapids, you’re in luck! There are plenty of activities to keep young ones entertained in this central Wisconsin city. Visit Riverview Park and take a ride on the old-fashioned carousel or take a spin on the giant ferris wheel. For hands-on fun, head to the cranberry discovery center to learn about the city’s cranberry history and see how the fruit is harvested. Kids will love getting stuck in the giant marshmallow pit! If the weather is nice, take a paddleboat ride on the Wisconsin River or go for a swim at Aqua Park. And no visit to Wisconsin Rapids would be complete without seeing a show at the historic Rapids River Walk Theater.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
1. Attend a show at the Wisconsin Rapids Community Theatre- The Wisconsin Rapids Community Theatre offers a variety of live performances throughout the year, ranging from musicals to comedy shows. There is something for everyone to enjoy!
2. Visit the Chippewa River State Trail- The Chippewa River State Trail is a beautiful place to take a walk or go for a bike ride. The trail takes you through a variety of scenery, including woods, meadows and wetlands.
3. go on a nature hike at Alexander County Park- Alexander County Park is a great place to explore nature. There are miles of hiking trails to follow, along with a variety of plant and animal life to see.
4. tour the Mead Wildlife Center- The Mead Wildlife Center is a great place to learn about the wildlife that live in Wisconsin. Visitors can take guided tours, participate in educational programs, and view exhibits.
5. take a ride on the Wisconsin Rapids Municipal Zoo Train- The Wisconsin Rapids Municipal Zoo Train is a great way to see the zoo. The train takes you through the zoo, past all of the animals and exhibits.
6. explore the Riverview Park & Zoo- The Riverview Park & Zoo is a great place to explore with the family. There are a variety of animals to see, as well as a playground and picnic area.
7. try your hand at mini golf at Rapids Family Fun Center- The Rapids Family Fun Center offers a variety of fun activities for the whole family, including mini golf, batting cages, and arcade games.
8. cool off at Aqua Adventure Waterpark- Aqua Adventure Waterpark is the perfect place to cool off on a hot summer day. There are a variety of slides and pools to enjoy, as well as a lazy river.
9. take a spin on the Rapids Plunge Water Coaster- The Rapids Plunge Water Coaster is a great way to get wet and have some fun. The coaster takes you through a series of twists and turns, culminating in a splashdown.
10. visit the Maplewood Meats & Deli Farm- The Maplewood Meats & Deli Farm is a great place to get a taste of the local flavor. Visitors can tour the farm, learn about the animals, and sample the delicious food!