Looking for fun things to do with the kids in Winnebago, Illinois? There’s plenty of family fun to be had! For the outdoorsy type, take the kiddos to Rock Cut State Park for a day of hiking and picnicking. And don’t forget to bring your camera to snap some pictures of the beautiful scenery. If your little ones are animal lovers, a visit to the Wildlife Discovery Center is a must. They can learn all about the local ecosystem and get up close and personal with some of the resident animals.
For some indoor fun, check out The Yard, an indoor playground and restaurant where kids can play while parents enjoy a coffee or bite to eat. And no trip to Winnebago is complete without a visit to the Winnebago County Museum. Kids will love learning about the area’s history and seeing all the cool exhibits. So whatever your family is looking for, Winnebago has something to offer.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Winnebago, Illinois
1. Explore the Rock River- One of the most kid friendly things to do in Winnebago is to explore the Rock River. The Rock River is a great place to swim, fish, canoe, and kayak. There are many public beaches along the river where you can picnic and play.
2. Visit the Historic Winnebago County Courthouse- The Historic Winnebago County Courthouse is a beautiful building that was built in 1885. The courthouse is open to the public and offers tours of the building.
3. Attend a Winnebago County Fair- The Winnebago County Fair is a great place for kids to have fun. There are rides, games, food, and entertainment. The fair is held every summer.
4. Visit the Winnebago County Museum- The Winnebago County Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Winnebago County. The museum has many exhibits and offers tours of the area.
5. Take a Hike- There are many hiking trails in Winnebago County. The trails are great for exploring the outdoors and getting some exercise.
6. Visit the Animal Shelter- The Animal Shelter is a great place to visit if you love animals. The shelter has many animals that are waiting to be adopted. You can also volunteer at the shelter to help care for the animals.
7. Attend a Concert- The Winnebago County Fairgrounds host many concerts throughout the year. There are usually many kid-friendly concerts.
8. Visit the Library- The Winnebago County Library is a great place to read, learn, and explore. The library offers many programs for kids, including story times and crafts.
9. Go Bowling- Bowling is a great activity for kids. There are several bowling alleys in Winnebago County.
10. Play at a Park- There are many parks in Winnebago County where kids can play. The parks have playgrounds, picnic areas, and walking trails.