The Windsor area offers a variety of kid-friendly activities for families to enjoy. The Discovery Center Museum is a great place for kids to learn about science, nature, and history. The museum has hands-on exhibits and a planetarium. The Rock River Recreation Area is a great place to spend a day outdoors. The area has hiking trails, a swimming beach, and picnicking areas. The Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie is another great place to explore the outdoors. The prairie has hiking trails and is home to many different types of plants and animals.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Windsor, Illinois
1. Go to Woodstock Opera House- The Woodstock Opera House is a historic opera house located in downtown Woodstock, Illinois. The opera house was built in 1879 and is currently used as a performing arts center. The opera house is home to the Woodstock Symphony Orchestra, the Woodstock Opera Theater, and the Woodstock Chamber Orchestra.
2. Take a stroll through LilyCache Greenway- The LilyCache Greenway is a 3.5 mile walking and biking trail that winds through the city of Woodstock, Illinois. The greenway features beautiful views of the town and the surrounding countryside.
3. Visit the Discovery Center Museum- The Discovery Center Museum is a children’s museum located in Rockford, Illinois. The museum features hands-on exhibits, a planetarium, and a butterfly garden.
4. Go on a hike at Starved Rock State Park- Starved Rock State Park is a state park located in Oglesby, Illinois. The park features a variety of hiking trails, picnic areas, and scenic overlooks.
5. Take a scenic drive along the River Road- The River Road is a scenic byway that winds along the Illinois River. The byway offers stunning views of the river and the surrounding countryside.
6. Visit the Grand Mosque of America in Chicago- The Grand Mosque of America is the largest mosque in the United States. The mosque is located in Chicago, Illinois and features a beautiful dome and minaret.
7. tour the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum- The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum is located in Springfield, Illinois. The museum features exhibits on Abraham Lincoln’s life and presidency.
8. Visit the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago- The Field Museum of Natural History is one of the largest natural history museums in the world. The museum is located in Chicago, Illinois and features exhibits on dinosaurs, ancient cultures, and wildlife.
9. Go to the Richard Bong State Recreation Area- The Richard Bong State Recreation Area is a state park located in Kenosha, Wisconsin. The park features a variety of hiking trails, lakes, and wetlands.
10. Take a ride on the Spirit of Peoria- The Spirit of Peoria is an authentic riverboat that offers cruises on the Illinois River. The riverboat features a variety of amenities, including a dining room, gift shop, and observation deck.