Windham, New York, is a quaint and historic town located in the heart of the Catskill Mountains. The town is home to a variety of kid-friendly activities, including a playground and splash pad at the town park, a museum and Nature Center, and a variety of shops and restaurants. Windham is also home to a variety of events throughout the year, including a farmers market, a Halloween Parade, and an annual tree lighting ceremony.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Windham, New York
1. Visit the Catskill Animal Sanctuary – The Catskill Animal Sanctuary is a safe haven for rescued farm animals that provides visitors with an opportunity to meet and interact with the animals.
2. Go for a hike – Windham is home to many beautiful hiking trails that offer stunning views of the Catskill Mountains.
3. Take a scenic drive – There are several scenic drives in the area that offer breathtaking views of the countryside.
4. Visit the Windham Wine and Spirits Festival – The Windham Wine and Spirits Festival is a annual event that features samplings of local wines and spirits, as well as live music and entertainment.
5. Go fishing – Windham is home to many fishing spots that offer anglers the chance to catch a variety of fish.
6. Visit the Windham Museum – The Windham Museum is a local history museum that tells the story of the town and its people.
7. Play golf – Windham is home to several golf courses that offer challenging layouts and stunning views of the Catskills.
8. Shop at the Windham Farmer’s Market – The Windham Farmer’s Market is a weekly event that features fresh produce, baked goods, and artisanal goods from local vendors.
9. Bike the Windham Rail Trail – The Windham Rail Trail is a converted railway line that is now a popular spot for biking, hiking, and cross-country skiing.
10. Go cross-country skiing – Windham is home to several cross-country skiing trails that offer breathtaking views of the Catskill Mountains.