There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Wilmington, Vermont! For starters, the town is home to the Chimney Hill Adventure Park, which features a variety of obstacles and zip lines for kids to enjoy. There is also a playground and picnic area at the park, making it the perfect spot for a family outing. If your kids are looking for something a bit more active, they can check out the Bounce! Trampoline Center, which offers a variety of trampolines and other activities for kids of all ages. And no trip to Wilmington would be complete without a visit to the charming Whippletree Farm, where kids can feed the farm animals and learn about life on a working farm. There are also plenty of hiking trails and swimming holes in the area, making Wilmington the perfect spot for a family vacation.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Wilmington, Vermont
1. Fishing: Kids will love trying to catch a fish in the many ponds and lakes in and around Wilmington. There are many private spots that can be rented for the day, or head to one of the many public fishing spots.
2. Swimming: what kid doesn’t love to swim? Wilmington has many natural swimming holes that are perfect for cooling off on a hot day.
3. hiking: there are many short and easy hikes in the area that are perfect for kids. Check out Haystack Mountain or Mount Snow for some great views.
4. biking: Wilmington is a great place to explore on two wheels. Kids will love biking around town or on one of the many trails in the area.
5. exploring: there are many hidden treasures to be found in Wilmington. Kids will love exploring the old abandoned mines or checking out the covered bridges.
6. camping: camping is a great way to experience all that Wilmington has to offer. There are many campgrounds in the area that are perfect for families.
7. picnicking: Wilmington is a great place to enjoy a family picnic. Head to one of the many parks or even just enjoy a picnic lunch on a hike.
8. stargazing: the night sky in Wilmington is truly a sight to behold. Kids will love looking up at the stars and trying to spot constellations.
9. visiting the farmers market: Wilmington has a great farmers market that is perfect for families. Kids will love picking out fresh fruits and vegetables and trying new things.
10. playing in the snow: in the winter, Wilmington is a great place to play in the snow. There are many hills perfect for sledding and snowman-building.