Wilmer is a small town in Texas with a population of just over 3,000 people. Even though it is a small town, there are a few kid-friendly things to do. The first thing to do is go to the Wilmer Museum. The Wilmer Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the town and the people who live there. There is also a park in Wilmer that has a playground and a few picnic tables. The park is a great place to take the kids to burn off some energy. Lastly, Wilmer has a few different restaurants that are kid-friendly. A few of these restaurants include Sonic, Dairy Queen, and McDonald’s.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Wilmer, Texas
1. Visit the Cricket Hill Farm and Creamery. This working farm is a great place to learn about where food comes from and how it’s made. Visitors can see cows being milked, chickens being fed, and eggs being collected. There is also a small petting zoo with goats, pigs, and sheep.
2. Take a hike at the Oak Mountain State Park. This state park offers miles of hiking trails through forests and meadows. Along the way, you might see deer, wild turkey, or raccoons. Be sure to stop by the visitor center to learn more about the park’s history and wildlife.
3. Go fishing at one of the city’s many lakes. Wilmer is home to several lakes, making it a great place to go fishing. You can fish from the shore or rent a boat and head out onto the water. Some of the city’s lakes include Lake Wilmer, Lake Carolyn, and Lake Martin.
4. Visit the Wilmer Museum and Heritage Park. This museum is dedicated to preserving the history of Wilmer and the surrounding area. Visitors can see exhibits on the city’s founding, early residents, and the local railroad. The park surrounding the museum is a great place to take a walk or picnic.
5. Play at one of Wilmer’s parks. The city has several parks that are perfect for a day of play. You can bring a Frisbee to the park, play on the playground, or go for a walk or bike ride on the trails. Some of the city’s parks include Heritage Park, Crescent Park, and Independence Park.
6. Go swimming at the city pool. The city pool is open to the public during the summer months and is a great place to cool off on a hot day. The pool has a diving board and a slide, and there is also a kiddie pool for the younger ones.
7. Play mini golf at the pirate-themed course. This miniature golf course is located in Heritage Park and is perfect for a fun family activity. The course has 18 holes and is decorated with pirate-themed obstacles and decorations.
8. Get ice cream at the local creamery. After a long day of exploring Wilmer, stop by the Cricket Hill Farm and Creamery for a delicious scoop of ice cream. The creamery offers a variety of flavors, so there’s sure to be something for everyone.
9. Go for a walk or bike ride on the nature trails. Wilmer is home to several nature trails that are perfect for a leisurely walk or bike ride. These trails wind through forests and meadows, and you might even see some wildlife along the way.
10. Attend a live performance at the local theater. The theater in Wilmer hosts a variety of live performances throughout the year. You can see plays, musicals, and even live concerts. Check the theater’s website to see what’s playing during your visit.