Everyone knows that Willshire, Ohio is the best place to raise a family. Not only are there plenty of kid-friendly things to do, but the community is incredibly supportive. From the excellent school system to the ample opportunities for extracurricular activities, Willshire has everything you could possibly want for your family.
One of the best things about Willshire is the abundance of parks and playgrounds. No matter where you are in the city, you’re never more than a few minutes from a great place to take the kids. And in the summer, the city hosts a number of free concerts and movie screenings in the park.
Willshire is also home to a great Zoo, which is perfect for a day trip with the family. The Zoo has a wide variety of animals, and the kids will love getting up close and personal with some of their favorites.
If you’re looking for something a little more educational, Willshire is home to a number of museums, including the Museum of Natural History and the Science Center. Both of these museums offer a variety of interactive exhibits that are perfect for kids of all ages.
And when the weather is nice, there’s nothing better than taking a stroll down Willshire’s historic Main Street. With its quaint shops and restaurants, Main Street is the perfect place to spend a lazy afternoon with the family.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Willshire, Ohio
1. Take a walk through the Willshire Nature Preserve: The Willshire Nature Preserve is a great place for a family hike. There are miles of trails to explore, and you might even spot some wildlife along the way.
2. Visit the Willshire Zoo: The Willshire Zoo is a great place to learn about different animals. There are over 100 different species of animals, and you can even feed some of them.
3. Go fishing at Rainbow Lake: Rainbow Lake is a great place to go fishing. You can catch bass, catfish, and other types of fish. There is also a playground and picnic area, so you can spend the whole day at the lake.
4. Play mini golf at Willshire Greens: Willshire Greens is a great place to play mini golf. There are two courses to choose from, and the whole family can play.
5. Go for a swim at the Willshire Aquatic Center: The Willshire Aquatic Center is a great place to go for a swim. There is a lap pool, a diving pool, and a wading pool. You can also take classes, such as swimming lessons.
6. Play at the Willshire Playground: The Willshire Playground is a great place for kids to play. There is a climbing wall, a slide, and a swing set.
7. Ride the Willshire Carousel: The Willshire Carousel is a great place to take a ride. It is a historic carousel, and it is located in the center of town.
8. Visit the Willshire Museum: The Willshire Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the town. There are exhibits on the town’s founding, the Civil War, and more.
9. Get a treat at the Willshire Creamery: The Willshire Creamery is a great place to get a treat. They have ice cream, milkshakes, and more.
10. Go for a walk on the Willshire Trail: The Willshire Trail is a great place to go for a walk. It is a paved trail, and it goes through the woods.