Williamstown, Kentucky, is a great place for families with young children. There are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in and around town. The Williamstown community pool is open to the public from Memorial Day to Labor Day, and features a waterslide, diving boards, and a kiddie pool. There are also multiple parks in town, including Veteran’s Memorial Park and Maxeen Marshall Park, both of which have playgrounds. The Lcerny Arena is a great place to take the kids skating in the winter, and the Williamstown Movie Theater is a great place to take them to see the latest family-friendly films. Williamstown is also home to the Kentucky Railway Museum, which offers train rides and educational exhibits about the history of railroading.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Williamstown, Kentucky
1. Visit the Ark Encounter – The Ark Encounter is a life-size replica of Noah’s Ark from the Bible. Visitors can tour the ark, learn about the biblical flood, and see live animals.
2. Take a scenic hike at the Williamstown Lake State Park – Williamstown Lake State Park offers scenic hiking trails, fishing, and boating. Visitors can also enjoy picnicking and swimming at the beach.
3. Visit the Grant County Museum – The Grant County Museum offers a look into the local history of Grant County. Visitors can see exhibits on the county’s Native American history, the Revolutionary War, and the Civil War.
4. Shop at the Grant County Farmers’ Market – The Grant County Farmers’ Market is open from April to October and offers a variety of locally grown fruits, vegetables, and other items.
5. Taste the local flavors at the Williamstown Winery – The Williamstown Winery offers a variety of red and white wines made from locally grown grapes. Visitors can take a tour of the winery and taste the wines.
6. Play a round of golf at the Grant County Golf Club – The Grant County Golf Club is a 18 hole, par 72 course that offers a challenging game of golf. Visitors can also enjoy the clubhouse, pro shop, and snack bar.
7. Go camping at the Dry Ridge State Park – The Dry Ridge State Park offers camping, fishing, hiking, and picnicking. Visitors can also enjoy a scenic view of the Kentucky River from the overlook.
8. Take a riverboat cruise on the Kentucky River – The Kentucky Riverboat Cruise offers a 1.5 hour cruise on the Kentucky River. Visitors can see the riverfront of downtown Williamstown and the historic homes along the river.
9. Visit the Creation Museum – The Creation Museum offers a look at the history of the world from a biblical perspective. Visitors can see exhibits on Noah’s Ark, the dinosaurs, and the Garden of Eden.
10. Attend a live performance at the NKU Center for the Arts – The NKU Center for the Arts offers a variety of live performances throughout the year. Visitors can see concerts, plays, and dance performances.