If you’re looking for kid-friendly fun in Willard, Wisconsin, you’ll find plenty to keep the little ones entertained. For starters, Willard is home to the Children’s Museum of Marshfield, where kids can learn all about the area’s natural history and wildlife. There’s also the Heffron Zoo, which features more than 50 species of animals, and the Marshfield Clinic Children’s Hospital, where kids can receive free medical care. In addition, Willard is home to several parks and playgrounds, as well as the Willard Water Balloon Festival, which is held each summer. And if the kids are looking for some excitement, they can always take a ride on the Willard Alpine Slide, which is open year-round.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Willard, Wisconsin
1. Take a trek through the Beaver Creek Reserve. The reserve is home to 12 miles of hiking trails, allowing you to take in the sights and sounds of nature.
2. Visit the Cedarburg Bog. The Bog is a National Natural Landmark and is home to a variety of plant and animal species.
3. Go for a swim at one of Willard’s beaches. Willard boasts two beaches on Lake Michigan, both of which offer stunning views and plenty of opportunity for swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking.
4. Play a round of golf at one of Willard’s three golf courses. The courses offer a variety of challenge levels, making them perfect for players of all skill levels.
5. Visit the Octagon House Museum. The Octagon House is a historic home that was built in the 1800s. It is now a museum that is open to the public for tours.
6. Take a walk or bike ride on the Hank Aaron State Trail. The Hank Aaron State Trail is a 14-mile long trail that runs through Willard. It is perfect for a leisurely walk or a more vigorous bike ride.
7. Visit theEAA AirVenture Museum. The museum is home to a variety of aircraft, as well as exhibits on the history of aviation.
8. Go fishing on the Milwaukee River. The river is home to a variety of fish, making it a perfect spot for a relaxing day of fishing.
9.Explore the caves at the Ledge View Nature Center. The nature center is home to a variety of caves that you can explore. Be sure to wear closed-toe shoes and bring a flashlight!
10. Have a picnic in one of Willard’s parks. Willard is home to a variety of parks, making it the perfect place to enjoy a picnic lunch.