Whitwell, Tennessee is home to a variety of kid-friendly attractions that are sure to please any young visitor. For those looking for some outdoor fun, the city offers a number of parks and playgrounds, as well as a variety of sports and leisure activities. Indoors, there are a number of museums, libraries, and other cultural attractions to keep kids entertained. And of course, no trip to Whitwell would be complete without a visit to the legendary Fig Newton Factory!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Whitwell, Tennessee
1. Visit the Cumberland Trailhead. This is a great place to start your exploration of Whitwell. The Cumberland Trailhead offers access to the Cumberland Plateau, which is a great place to hike, camp, and fish. There are also several scenic outlooks along the trailhead that offer beautiful views of the surrounding area.
2. Take a tour of the coal mine. The coal mine is one of the most popular attractions in Whitwell. Tours of the mine are available that allow visitors to see first-hand how coal is mined. The tours are conducted by retired miners who share their knowledge and experience with visitors.
3. Visit the Whitwell Community Center. The Community Center is a great place to take the kids to play. There is a basketball court, a playground, and a picnic area. The Community Center also hosts events throughout the year, such as the annual Halloween party and the Fourth of July celebration.
4. Go fishing at Lake Cumberland. Lake Cumberland is a great place to go fishing. There are several boat ramps and docks that provide access to the lake. Fishing licenses are required and can be obtained at the Whitwell City Hall.
5. Take a nature walk at the Whitwell Conservatory. The Conservatory is a great place to take a nature walk. There are several species of plants and flowers that can be seen along the trail. The Conservatory also has a pond that is home to ducks and other wildlife.
6. Watch a movie at the Whitwell Theatre. The Whitwell Theatre is a great place to catch a movie. The theatre shows first-run movies and also offers concessions.
7. Visit the Whitwell Public Library. The Public Library is a great place to take the kids to read or use the computers. The Library also has a meeting room that can be rented for group events.
8. Shop at the Whitwell Farmer’s Market. The Farmer’s Market is a great place to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables. The Market is open every Saturday from May through October.
9. Play golf at the Whitwell Golf Course. The Whitwell Golf Course is a great place to play a round of golf. The course is open to the public and also offers memberships.
10. Attend an event at the Whitwell Civic Center. The Civic Center is a great place to attend an event. The Civic Center hosts a variety of events throughout the year, such as the annual Whitwell Chamber of Commerce banquet.