There are many kid friendly things to do in Whitestown, Indiana. One of the most popular things to do is visit the Town Hall Museum. The Town Hall Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Whitestown and see some of the Coolidge family artifacts. Another popular thing to do is take a walk or bike ride on the Bicentennial Trail. The Bicentennial Trail is a great way to see some of the beautiful scenery that Whitestown has to offer. Finally, don’t forget to check out the Whitestown Public Library. The Whitestown Public Library has a great selection of books and activities for kids of all ages.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Whitestown, Indiana
1. Head to the Indianapolis Zoo for a day of animal fun! The zoo is home to over 3,800 animals, including lions, tigers, gorillas, and more. You can also learn about the animals through zoo keeper chats, animal presentations, and up-close encounters.
2. For a day of thrills, visit Conner Prairie. Here, you can explore the 1836 frontier, meet historical figures, ride a balloon car, and much more.
3. See the dinosaurs at the Indiana State Museum! The museum is home to over 30 life-size dinosaur skeletons, as well as many other prehistoric fossil displays.
4. Take a walk or bike ride on the Monon Trail. This popular trail stretches for over 24 miles, from Indianapolis to Carmel. Along the way, you’ll enjoy scenic views of urban and rural areas.
5. Visit the Eiteljorg Museum to see Native American art and culture. The museum also features special exhibitions, educational programs, and family-friendly events throughout the year.
6. Learn about Indiana history at the Indiana State Capitol. The state capitol building is home to a museum, which offers free tours. You can also explore the capitol grounds, which feature a number of monuments.
7. Get a taste of Indiana wine country at Easley Winery. The winery offers tours, tastings, and special events throughout the year. You can also purchase wine by the bottle to take home with you.
8. For a unique experience, visit the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Here, you can take a tour of the world-famous racetrack, see classic cars, and even ride in an IndyCar.
9. Enjoy the great outdoors at White River State Park. The park features a number of trails, gardens, and scenic views. You can also rent a boat or paddleboard to explore the White River.
10. Shop ’til you drop at the Clay Terrace Shopping Center. This popular outdoor mall features a variety of stores, restaurants, and entertainment options.