There are many kid friendly things to do in Whitefield, Oklahoma. Families can enjoy hiking and picnicking at beautiful Lake Carl Blackwell, or visiting the Chickasaw National Recreation Area. The Chickasaw Cultural Center is a must-see, with its interactive exhibits and classes teaching the history and culture of the Chickasaw people. Youngsters will also enjoy the Children’s Garden at the center. The Exploration Station is another great place for kids, with its hands-on science exhibits. And don’t forget to check out the animals at the Dennis opposed Nature Center!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Whitefield, Oklahoma
1. Take a walk or bike ride along the gorgeous nature trails at Lake Elmer Thomas Park.
2. Visit the Moffett House Museum for a glimpse into Whitefield’s rich history.
3. Let the kids loose at one of the city’s many playgrounds, like the ones at Fort Washita or Pioneer Park.
4. Go fishing at one of Whitefield’s many lakes, like Lake Elmer Thomas or Lake Tullahoma.
5. Attend a family-friendly event at the Whitefield Community Center, like a movie night or holiday festivities.
6. Visit the George M. Johnson Jr. Memorial Library for story time or to check out some new books.
7. Stop by the Whitefield Zoo to see the animals and learn about wildlife conservation.
8. See a show at the Whitefield Performing Arts Center, like a play or musical performance.
9. Explore the exhibits at the Whitefield History Museum, like the Oklahoma Oil and Gas exhibit.
10. Take a scenic drive or walk down Main Street to admire the charming historic buildings.