There are plenty of things to do in White Castle, Louisiana that are kid-friendly and fun. One popular activity is to visit the Sugar Cane Festival. This event takes place every year in early September and features live music, food, and rides. Another fun thing to do is to take a tour of the USS Kidd Veteran’s Memorial. This WWII ship is now a museum and boat tours are available. Kids will also enjoy visiting the Teche Project Wetlands where they can learn about the different animals that live there and see alligators up close. For a more adventuresome activity, kids can go zip-lining at the Cypress Bend Park.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In White Castle, Louisiana
1. Head to the White Castle Community Center and check out the various programs and activities offered there. There are classes available for kids of all ages, including sports, arts and crafts, and more.
2. Visit the White Castle Public Library and explore the many books, magazines, and other materials available. The library also offers various programs and events for kids, such as story time.
3. Play at one of the many playgrounds located throughout White Castle. There are parks and playgrounds scattered throughout the town, so there’s sure to be one near you.
4. Go for a swim at the White Castle Municipal Pool. The pool is open to the public during the summer months and offers a variety of swimming lessons and other programs.
5. Take a walk or bike ride along the scenic levee system. The levees offer a great view of the Mississippi River and the surrounding area.
6. Check out the White Castle Museum and learn about the town’s history. The museum is located in the historic White Castle School building and is open to the public on weekdays.
7. Attend a movie at the White Castle Drive-In Theater. The theater is open seasonally and offers a great selection of movies to choose from.
8. Enjoy a meal at one of the many restaurants located in White Castle. There are a variety of dining options available, ranging from fast food to fine dining.
9. Shop at the White Castle Farmer’s Market. The market is open on Saturdays and features a variety of fresh fruits, vegetables, and other items.
10. Go for a hike or nature walk at the White Castle Nature Preserve. The preserve is located on the outskirts of town and offers a variety of trails to explore.