There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to enjoy in Wewak, Papua New Guinea. Nature lovers will adore exploring the reef and hiking through the jungle, while those who prefer a more relaxed vacation can enjoy swimming in the hotel pool or strolling along the beach. For a truly unique experience, families can visit a traditional villages and see how the locals live. You can also learn about the area’s rich culture and history by visiting the museum or talking to the friendly locals. Don’t forget to try some of the delicious local cuisine – it’s sure to be a hit with the whole family!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Wewak, Papua New Guinea
1. Take a dip in the Wewak International Hotel’s infinity pool and enjoy the stunning views of the Bitam Point headland.
2. Visit the Wewak Crocodile Farm and get up close and personal with some of the world’s largest reptiles.
3. Head to Wewak Beach and enjoy a swim, sunbathe or a game of beach volleyball.
4. Check out the local markets and buy some souvenirs or fresh fruits and vegetables.
5. Visit the Sepik Art Gallery and see some of the finest examples of traditional Papua New Guinean art.
6. Take a tour of the Wewak War Museum and learn about the town’s WWII history.
7. Climb Mount Tohoho and enjoy the breathtaking views from the summit.
8. Go on a nature walk through the stunning rainforests of the Bogia District.
9. Visit the Wewak Mission House and learn about the town’s missionary history.
10. Enjoy a refreshing drink or meal at one of the many cafes and restaurants in town.