There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Westville, Oklahoma. For the animal lovers, there is the Cherokee Zoo and the Billy Joiner Museum. For the sports enthusiasts, there is the Westville Recreational Complex. For those who like to learn, there is the Westville Public Library. And for those who just want to have fun, there is the Westville Water Park.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Westville, Oklahoma
1. Visit the Westville Mounds State Historic Site to learn about the ancient Mississippian people who once lived in the area.
2. Go fishing at one of Westville’s many lakes, including Spavinaw State Park, Euchee Lake, and Lake Wanaukee.
3. Take a hike or bike ride through one of Westville’s many parks, including Cherokee State Park,Indian Mounds Park, and Lake Eufaula State Park.
4. Visit the Cherokee Nation Capitol Building and Museum to learn about the history and culture of the Cherokee people.
5. Go horseback riding at one of Westville’s many equestrian centers, including the Cherokee rodeo grounds.
6. Visit theMuskogee War Memorial to learn about the history of the Muskogee people and the 1934 Oklahoma territory-wide shootout.
7. Attend a performance at the Roxy Theater, a historic movie theater located in downtown Westville.
8. Shop for unique gifts and souvenirs at one of Westville’s many eclectic shops, including The Country Store and Tinker’s Jewelry.
9. Play a round of golf at Cherokee Hills Golf Club, a scenic 18-hole course located just outside of town.
10. Enjoy a delicious meal at one of Westville’s many restaurants, including the popular Fazoli’s Italian restaurant.