If your family enjoys the water, then you definitely need to check out Shipwreck Island Waterpark. With its pirate themedin play area and waterslides, the kids will be sure to have a blast. And for the adults, there is a lazy river and a swim-up bar.
Other great kid friendly activities in Westgate include goes carting at Nascar SpeedPark, bowling at Splitsville, and ice skating at the Polar Ice House. Plus, there are tons of great shops and restaurants to explore in the area. So whatever your family enjoys, you’re sure to find something to do in Westgate.
10 fun & kid-friendly things to do in Westgate Florida
1. Visit the Gatorland theme park to see alligators and other wildlife.
2. Spend a day at Splash Island Water Park, where you can cool off in the Florida heat.
3. Visit the Westgate Town Center to do some shopping, or take a walk around the impressive lakes.
4. For some fun indoors, head to the Arcade City, where you can play all your favorite video games.
5. If you’re looking for a educational experience, check out the Discovery Cove, where you can learn about the local wildlife.
6. For some fun in the sun, head to the Coco Key Water Resort, where you can splash around all day long.
7. For a truly unique experience, take a walk through the Safari Wilderness, where you can see all sorts of animals in their natural habitat.
8. For a taste of Florida culture, head to the Florida Citrus Parade, where you can see floats and marching bands.
9. For a fun-filled day, head to the Legoland Florida Resort, where you can spend the day exploring all the rides and attractions.
10. To top off your trip, head to the Kennedy Space Center, where you can learn all about space exploration.
1. What Is The History Of Westgate Florida?
Westgate Florida has a long and colorful history. The first settlers to the area were the native Americans who inhabited the region for thousands of years before the first European explorers arrived. The first European settlement in the area was established by the Spanish in the early 16th century. However, the area was not permanently settled by the Europeans until the 18th century when British colonists established the town of Pensacola. Westgate Florida remained a British colony until the American Revolution when it became a part of the United States. The area changed hands several times during the 19th century between the United States and Spain before finally becoming a part of the United States for good in 1821.
2. What Is The Climate Like In Westgate Florida?
Westgate Florida has a subtropical climate with hot and humid summers and mild winters. The area is susceptible to hurricanes and tropical storms, so residents need to be prepared for the possibility of severe weather during the hurricane season.
3. What Is The Economy Of Westgate Florida Like?
Westgate Florida’s economy is largely based on tourism. The area’s beaches and resorts are a major draw for tourists from all over the world. In addition, the area’s military bases also contribute to the economy.
4. What Is The Population Of Westgate Florida?
As of the 2010 census, the population of Westgate Florida was about 2,600. However, the population of the area swells to over 8,000 during the peak tourist season.
5. What Are The Demographics Of Westgate Florida?
The majority of the population of Westgate Florida is white. However, there is also a significant Hispanic population, as well as a smaller African American population.
6. What Are The Top Attractions In Westgate Florida?
The top attractions in Westgate Florida include the beaches, Pensacola Bay, the Gulf Islands National Seashore, and the Pensacola Naval Air Station.
7. What Are The Best Beachfront Hotels In Westgate Florida?
Some of the best beachfront hotels in Westgate Florida include the Hilton Pensacola Beach, the Marriott Residence Inn Pensacola Beach, and the Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola Beach.
8. What Is The Nightlife Like In Westgate Florida?
The nightlife in Westgate Florida is mainly centered around the area’s bars and clubs. However, there are also a number of restaurants and cafes that stay open late.
9. What Is The Shopping Like In Westgate Florida?
The shopping in Westgate Florida is mostly centered around the area’s resorts and hotels. However, there are also a number of souvenir shops and boutiques that sell beachwear and other items.
10. What Is The Food Like In Westgate Florida?
The food in Westgate Florida is mainly seafood. There are a number of restaurants that specialize in seafood, as well as a number of casual cafes and diners.