There are many things to do in Westfield, Maine that are perfect for kids! One option is the Bangor Zoo, which is home to many different animals, including lions, tigers, and bears. The Children’s Museum of Maine is another great option, where kids can learn about science, art, and history. Additionally, Westfield is home to many parks and playgrounds, perfect for getting some fresh air and exercise. Finally, no trip to Westfield would be complete without visiting one of the many local farms, where kids can meet and pet the animals, and learn about where their food comes from.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Westfield, Maine
1. Go for a scenic hike: There are plenty of hiking trails to explore in Westfield, Maine. Pack a picnic lunch and enjoy a day out in nature with the kids.
2. Visit a farmer’s market: Support local farmers and get some fresh produce at the same time. The Westfield Farmer’s Market is open every Saturday from 9am to 1pm.
3. Go berry picking: What kid doesn’t love picking berries? Head to one of the many local farms to pick your own strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, or blackberries.
4. Play in the park: Westfield has several parks perfect for a day of play. Bring a ball or a Frisbee and enjoy some time outdoors with the kids.
5. Go for a swim: Take a dip in one of Westfield’s many lakes or ponds. Some of the popular swimming spots include Howe Pond, Crystal Lake, and Echo Lake.
6. Have a picnic: Pack a lunch and head to one of Westfield’s beautiful parks or scenic picnic spots.
7. Go fishing: Kids will love spending some time fishing in one of Westfield’s many lakes and ponds. Don’t forget to get a fishing license first!
8. Explore a museum: Westfield is home to the Chaffee Art Center, which features rotating art exhibitions, as well as the Westfield Historical Society Museum.
9. Take a scenic drive: There are plenty of beautiful places to see in and around Westfield. Take a drive down one of the scenic byways and enjoy the views.
10. Go stargazing:Westfield is a great place to stargaze. Head out to one of the many dark sky parks or host your own backyard stargazing party.