There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Westerlo, Belgium! For starters, the town is home to two large parks – the Sint-Janskerkhof and the Stadspark. Both of these parks are great for picnicking, playing games, or just enjoying a leisurely stroll. There are also several playgrounds located throughout the town, perfect for when the kids need to burn off some energy.
If your family enjoys being active, Westerlo also has a few different options for you. There is an indoor swimming pool where the kids can splash around, or you can rent bikes and explore the many scenic trails that wind through the town and surrounding countryside. There are also a few tennis courts if the kids are feeling competitive.
If you’re looking for something a bit more cultural, Westerlo is home to a number of museums and historic sites. The Geyzel museum is a great place to learn about the town’s history, or you can visit the 17th century castle, which is now used as a cultural center. There is also a puppet museum, which is sure to be a hit with the kids!
No matter what your interests are, there is sure to be something to keep the whole family happy in Westerlo.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Westerlo, Belgium
1. Visit the Burgemeester Bogaertsplein. This square is located in the center of town and is a great place for kids to run around and explore. There is a playground, a fountain, and plenty of open space to run and play.
2. Check out the Westerlo Town Hall. This historic building is located on the Burgemeester Bogaertsplein and is worth a visit. Kids will love seeing the grand staircase and the beautiful paintings inside.
3. Stop by the Westerlo tourist office. located in the Town Hall, the tourist office is a great place to pick up maps and brochures about the town. They also have a small gift shop where kids can find souvenirs to take home.
4. Go for a walk or bike ride around town. Westerlo is a very pedestrian-friendly town and there are plenty of paths to explore. This is a great way to see the sights and get some fresh air.
5. Visit the Museum of Fine Arts. This museum is located in a former church and has a wide collection of art, including paintings, sculptures, and furniture. Kids will love seeing all of the different artworks on display.
6. Have a picnic in the park. There are several parks located throughout Westerlo, making it the perfect place to enjoy a picnic lunch. Be sure to pack some snacks and drinks for the kids.
7. Go swimming at the local pool. The Westerlo swimming pool is located just outside of town and is a great place to cool off on a hot day. Kids will love swimming, diving, and playing in the water.
8. Play mini golf. There is a mini golf course located in the center of town, which is perfect for a fun family activity. Kids will love putting around the course and trying to get a hole-in-one.
9. Visit the library. The Westerlo library is located in the Town Hall and has a great selection of books for kids. They also have a variety of activities and events for kids throughout the year.
10. Enjoy a scoop of ice cream. What kid doesn’t love ice cream? There are several ice cream shops located throughout Westerlo, so be sure to stop by for a refreshing treat.