In the heart of Chester County, West Grove Pennsylvania is home to several kid-friendly attractions. Just a short drive from major cities such as Philadelphia and Lancaster,West Grove is the perfect place to take a break from the hustle and bustle and enjoy some quality time with your family. Visit one of the many local farms for a day of picking fresh fruits and vegetables, go on a hike through one of the many nature trails, or explore one of the historic landmarks. Whatever you choose to do, your family is sure to have a blast in West Grove!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In West Grove, Pennsylvania
1. Visit Bridgeton House on the Delaware for a scenic weekend getaway. This bed and breakfast is set on a working farm and overlooks the Delaware River. Kids will love exploring the grounds, meeting the animals, and playing in the hayloft.
2. Go hiking or biking at White Clay Creek Preserve. This 10,000 acre preserve is a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. There are over 100 miles of trails to explore, and kids will love seeing the wildlife and streams along the way.
3. Visit the Hagley Museum and Library to learn about the history of the duPont family and the industrial revolution. The museum grounds are beautiful, and kids will love exploring the restored buildings and machinery.
4. Take a tour of the Longwood Gardens. Kids will be amazed by the 11,000 acres of gardens, fountains, and sculptures. They can also take a boat ride on the mile-long lake or explore the historic houses on the property.
5. Visit the Penn Museum to learn about the history and cultures of the world. The museum has a vast collection of artifacts and exhibits, and kids will love seeing the mummies, dinosaurs, and Egyptian artifacts.
6. Go tubing or canoeing down the Brandywine River. The river is calm and scenic, and kids will love floating down it on a hot summer day.
7.Visit the Winterthur Museum, Garden & Library to learn about the duPont family and see the world’s largest collection of Americana. The museum grounds are beautiful, and kids will love exploring the restored houses and gardens.
8. See a show at the Fulton Theatre. The theatre offers a variety of musicals and plays, and kids will love seeing a live performance.
9. Get active at the West Grove Community Park. The park has baseball fields, tennis courts, a playground, and a walking trail.
10. Visit the Boot Tavern for a delicious meal. The tavern is a historic building that serves American cuisine, and kids will love the casual atmosphere.