In Wellman, Iowa, there are many kid friendly things to do! For the nature lovers, there is the opportunity to explore the Iowa Arboretum or go on a hike through the many trails in nearby Amana Colonies. For the more adventurous kids, there is the Wellman Powerhouse Museum where they can learn about how electricity is generated. On rainy days, the Wellman-Scofield Public Library is the perfect place to go with its large selection of books and games. For the sporty kids, there is the Wellman Community Center which offers a variety of activities including basketball, swimming, and martial arts. And for the foodie kids, there are many great restaurants in Wellman that offer kid-friendly dishes. Whatever your interests are, there is sure to be something for everyone in Wellman, Iowa!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Wellman, Iowa
1) Visit the Wellman Heritage Museum to learn about the history of this small town in Iowa.
2) Stroll down Main Street to see the quaint shops and businesses.
3) Stop by the Wellman Public Library for story time or to check out a book.
4) Take a walk or bike ride through one of the many parks in town.
5) Visit the Wellman Aquatic Center to cool off on a hot summer day.
6) Play a round of mini golf at the Wellman Municipal Golf Course.
7) Get ice cream at the local favorite, The Creamery.
8) Watch a movie at the Wellman Theatre.
9) Enjoy a picnic lunch at Riverside Park.
10) Go for a swim at Lake McBride.