Weimar is a small town located in the eastern part of Texas. It is the birthplace of the Texas State Championship rodeo. The town has a population of just over two thousand people. Despite its small size, there are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep children of all ages entertained.
The Weimar Zoo is a great place to start. It is home to over one hundred animals, including lions, tigers, bears, and primates. The zoo also has a petting zoo and a playground. Admission is free for all children under the age of twelve.
The Weimar Parks and Recreation Department offers a variety of sports leagues and activities for kids. There are soccer, baseball, and softball teams. T-ball is offered for children ages four to six. The department also offers dance and martial arts classes.
The Schulenburg State Bank sponsors a free kids’ movie every Saturday at the Weimar Theater. The theater also hosts live entertainment on occasion. Recent performers have included jugglers, magicians, and ventriloquists.
The Weimar Public Library has a children’s section with a wide variety of books, magazines, and movies. The library also offers several programs for kids, such as story time, craft time, and a book club.
These are just a few of the kid-friendly activities available in Weimar. With a little bit of research, you are sure to find many more things to do to keep your kids entertained.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Weimar, Texas
1. Visit the Old Jail Art Center. The Old Jail Art Center is a great place to take the kids for a day of art and culture. The center features a variety of art classes, workshops, and exhibits.
2. Take a walk through Historic Downtown Weimar. Historic Downtown Weimar is a great place to take a stroll with the kids. Visit the many shops and restaurants, and take in the historic sights.
3. Visit the Weimar Public Library. The Weimar Public Library is a great place to take the kids for some educational fun. The library offers a variety of books, movies, and games for children of all ages.
4. Play at Heritage Park. Heritage Park is a great place for the kids to burn off some energy. The park features a playground, baseball field, and picnic area.
5. Take a hike on the Lulling Hills Nature Trail. The Lulling Hills Nature Trail is a great place to take the kids for a nature hike. The trail is located just outside of town and offers beautiful views of the surrounding countryside.
6. Drive out to Bluebonnet Lake. Bluebonnet Lake is a great place to take the kids for a day of fishing and swimming. The lake is located just outside of town and offers a variety of fish to catch.
7. Visit the WeimarGun and Knife Show. The Weimar Gun and Knife Show is a great place to take the kids to learn about firearms and knives. The show features a variety of exhibits and demonstrations.
8. Play mini golf at Water World. Water World is a great place to take the kids for a day of mini golf. The course is located just outside of town and offers a variety of challenges.
9. Go bowling at Weimar Lanes. Weimar Lanes is a great place to take the kids for a game of bowling. The bowling alley offers a variety of leagues and open bowling times.
10. Have a picnic at Lions Park. Lions Park is a great place to take the kids for a picnic lunch. The park offers a pavilion, playground, and plenty of green space to run around.