There are many kid friendly things to do in Waynesboro, Virginia. The city has a number of parks, including Ridgeview Park, which has a playground, picnic tables, and a walking trail. There is also the Basic City Greenway, a two-mile long walking and biking trail that runs through the city. Basic City Park has a playground, a basketball court, a baseball field, and a walking trail. The city also has a number of museums, including the Wayne Theatre, which offers a variety of educational and historical exhibits, and the Virginia Museum of Natural History, which has a number of hands-on exhibits.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Waynesboro, Virginia
1. Take a hike on the Appalachian Trail: The Appalachian Trail is a 2,180+ mile long hiking trail that runs from Maine to Georgia. In Waynesboro, the trail passes through Shenandoah National Park. There are a variety of different hikes that can be taken on the Appalachian Trail, so there is something for everyone.
2. Visit a winery: Virginia is known for its wine, and there are several wineries in Waynesboro. Visitors can take a tour of the winery, learn about the wine making process, and sample some of the wines.
3. Go tubing on the Shenandoah River: The Shenandoah River is a beautiful river that flows through the Shenandoah Valley. Visitors can go tubing on the river, and there are a variety of different tubing companies that offer different experiences.
4. Visit an apple orchard: The Shenandoah Valley is also known for its apples. There are several apple orchards in Waynesboro, and visitors can pick their own apples.
5. Visit the National Fish Hatchery: The National Fish Hatchery is a facility that hatches and raises fish for stocking in rivers and lakes. The hatchery is open to visitors, and there is a fish pond where visitors can feed the fish.
6. Take a scenic drive: There are many scenic drives in Waynesboro. The Skyline Drive runs through Shenandoah National Park, and there are also several scenic byways.
7. Visit the P. Buckley Moss Museum: The P. Buckley Moss Museum is a museum dedicated to the work of artist P. Buckley Moss. The museum has a collection of her artwork, and visitors can watch a film about her life and work.
8. Go golfing: There are several golf courses in Waynesboro, and visitors can spend a day on the links.
9. Visit the Shenandoah National Park: Shenandoah National Park is a beautiful park that has something for everyone. There are hiking trails, waterfalls, and scenic overlooks. Visitors can also take a drive on the Skyline Drive.
10. Visit the Wayne Theatre: The Wayne Theatre is a historic theatre that hosts a variety of events. The theatre is also available for tours.