There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Wayland, Kentucky! For starters, the city is home to a great public library with a children’s section. There are also several parks perfect for a picnic or a game of fetch with your furry friend. If your little ones are looking for some excitement, take them to the local bowling alley or roller skating rink. Or, for a more low key afternoon, grab some ice cream at the local shop. No matter what you’re looking for, Wayland has something to keep the whole family entertained.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Wayland, Kentucky
1.Explore Mammoth Cave-Mammoth Cave is the world’s largest known cave system, and is sure to be a hit with kids of all ages. The Park offers several different tours, ranging from easy to strenuous, so there’s something for everyone.
2. Take a scenic drive down the Kentucky Bourbon Trail-The Kentucky Bourbon Trail is a great way to explore some of the state’s most famous distilleries. Many of the distilleries offer tours and tastings, so it’s a perfect activity for adults and kids alike.
3. Go fishing at Beaver Lake-Beaver Lake is a great spot for fishing, picnicking, and hiking. The Park also has a playground and a sand volleyball court, so there’s plenty to keep kids entertained.
4. Visit the Louisville Zoo-The Louisville Zoo is home to over 1,200 animals, and is a great place to spend the day with kids. The Zoo also offers a variety of educational programs, so kids can learn about the animals while they’re having fun.
5. Take a tour of the Louisville Slugger Museum-The Louisville Slugger Museum is a must-visit for any baseball fan. The museum offers tours of the factory where Louisville Sluggers are made, as well as interactive exhibits on the history of the company and the sport.
6. Spend the day at the Kentucky Horse Park-The Kentucky Horse Park is a great place to learn about the state’s equestrian heritage. The Park offers tours, demonstrations, and riding lessons, so kids can get up close and personal with horses.
7. Get wet at the Louisville Waterfront Park-The Louisville Waterfront Park is a great place to cool off on a hot day. The Park has a splash pad, a playground, and plenty of green space to run around.
8. Take a scenic train ride on the Kentucky Railway Museum-The Kentucky Railway Museum offers scenic train rides through the countryside. The Museum also has a variety of educational exhibits, so kids can learn about the state’s rail history.
9. Visit the Louisville Science Center-The Louisville Science Center is a great place to learn about science and technology. The Center has interactive exhibits, a planetarium, and a variety of educational programs.
10. Go on a nature hike at the Big Rock Canyon National Wildlife Preserve-The Big Rock Canyon National Wildlife Preserve is a great place to see some of Kentucky’s native wildlife. The Preserve has hiking trails, a nature center, and plenty of opportunities to see birds and other animals.