Waukon is home to many kid-friendly activities, both indoors and outdoors. For those looking for some indoor fun, the Allamakee County Heritage Museum is a great option. The museum has many interactive exhibits, as well as a kids’ corner where kids can play and learn about the history of Allamakee County. Other indoor options include the Waukon Bowling Center and the Waukon Aquatic Center.
For those looking to enjoy the outdoors, Waukon has much to offer as well. The city is home to Memorial Park, which features a playground, picnic shelters, a basketball court, and a walking trail. The Waukon Municipal Golf Course is also a great option for those looking to get outdoors. The course is perfect for beginners and experienced golfers alike.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Waukon, Iowa
1. Visit the Allamakee County Fair – The Allamakee County Fair is a great place to take the kids! There are rides, games, animals, and plenty of food options.
2. Get ice cream at Hilltop Dairy Bar – Hilltop Dairy Bar is a must-visit spot in Waukon for delicious ice cream. They have a wide variety of flavors to choose from, so everyone in the family can find something they like.
3. Go on a hike at Yellow River State Forest – Take the kids on a nature hike at Yellow River State Forest and explore all that this beautiful area has to offer.
4. Visit the Waukon Municipal Pool – The Waukon Municipal Pool is a great place to cool off on a hot summer day. They have a large pool, a kiddie pool, and a water slide, so the whole family can have fun.
5. Play mini golf at Sugar River Lanes – Sugar River Lanes is a great place to take the family for a game of mini golf. They also have an arcade and a snack bar, so the kids can have fun even when they’re not golfing.
6. Check out the animals at the Allamakee County Fairgrounds – The Allamakee County Fairgrounds is home to many different animals, ranging from pigs to chickens to cows. The kids will love getting up close and personal with these animals.
7. Go fishing at Waukon Municipal Park – Waukon Municipal Park is a great place to take the kids fishing. They have a pond that is well-stocked with fish, so the kids are sure to catch something.
8. Visit the Waukon Public Library – The Waukon Public Library is a great place to take the kids. They have a wide selection of books, magazines, and movies that the kids can check out.
9. Play at the Allamakee County Fairgrounds Playground – The Allamakee County Fairgrounds Playground is a great place for the kids to burn off some energy. They have a wide variety of equipment, so the kids can play for hours.
10. Get a treat at the Sweet Shoppe – The Sweet Shoppe is a great place to take the kids for a treat. They have a wide variety of candy, cookies, and ice cream.