Waterford, Maine is a great destination for families with young children. The town is home to a number of kid-friendly attractions, including the Waterford Museum, the Waterford Steam Train, and the Waterford Town Forest. Families can also enjoy a number of outdoor activities in the area, such as hiking, biking, and picnicking. Waterford is also home to a number of restaurants and cafes that offer kid-friendly menus and dining experiences.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Waterford, Maine
1. Visit the public library. The public library is a great place to take kids of all ages. They can browse the shelves for books, listen to stories being read aloud, participate in library programs, and more.
2. Check out a museum. Waterford is home to a number of museums, including the Waterford Museum of History and the Snowman Museum. Kids can learn about the town’s history, see artwork and sculptures, and explore different exhibits.
3. Go for a hike. There are many hiking trails in and around Waterford. Kids can explore the woods, look for wildlife, and play in the streams and ponds.
4. Have a picnic. Picnicking is a great way to enjoy the outdoors with kids. Pack a lunch and head to one of Waterford’s parks or greenspaces.
5. Go fishing. Waterford is located on the Saco River, which is a great place to go fishing. Kids can try their hand at catch and release fishing or keep what they catch for dinner.
6. Go swimming. Waterford is home to a number of ponds and lakes, perfect for a cooling swim on a hot day.
7. Play at the playground. Waterford has several playgrounds where kids can explore, play, and make new friends.
8. Visit the farms. Waterford is home to several working farms where kids can see animals, learn about farm life, and even pick their own fruits and vegetables.
9. Go berry picking. Waterford is home to many different types of berries. Go on a berry picking adventure and then make a pie or jam with your bounty.
10. Make a splash at the splash pad. The splash pad at Morrill Park is a great place for kids to cool off and have fun.