Waskom is a great place for kids of all ages! There is the Waskom Wildcat Baseball Complex for the little ones to play in, the Waskom Municipal Pool for swimming and splash pad fun, and Old Settlers Park for hiking and picnicking. For the older kids, there is Waskom High School and the Waskom Public Library. And don’t forget the Waskom Zoo!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Waskom, Texas
1. Visit the Waskom Depot Museum to learn about the city’s railroad history.
2. Ride the Waskom High Roller, a large ferris wheel located in the city park.
3. Go fishing at one of Waskom’s many lakes, such as Meadowbrook or Raymond Lake.
4. Visit the Waskom Public Library to find a good book to read.
5. Play at the city’s Splash Pad, a water park for kids.
6. Take a hike through the Waskom Nature Preserve.
7. Go stargazing at night in one of the city’s many open fields.
8. Pick fruit at a local farm, such as Walker’s Orchard.
9. Learn about Waskom’s history at the cotton gin museum.
10. Play mini golf at the Waskom Golf and Recreation Center.