Washta is a small town in northwest Iowa with a population of just over 500 people. The town is located in Cherokee County and is part of the Storm Lake Micropolitan Statistical Area. Despite its small size, Washta offers several kid-friendly activities for young visitors. The Washta Community Park features a playground, picnic shelters, and a walking trail. The park is also home to the Washta Public Library, which offers story time and other programming for children. Just outside of town, kids can enjoy fishing, hiking, and camping at Gull Point State Park.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Washta, Iowa
1. Go on a nature walk and look for birds and other animals.
2. Visit the Washta Public Library and check out some books.
3. Attend one of the many events hosted by the Washta Chamber of Commerce, such as the annual 4th of July celebration.
4. Visit the Washta Museum and learn about the history of the town.
5. Play some tennis at the Washta City Park.
6. Go fishing at one of the many lakes in the area, such as Crystal Lake.
7. Go for a swim at one of the local pools, such as the Washta Aquatic Center.
8. Play a round of golf at the Washta Country Club.
9. Enjoy a picnic lunch at one of the many parks in Washta, such as Memorial Park.
10. Take a scenic drive down one of the area’s many scenic byways, such as the Loess Hills Scenic Byway.