Washington, Louisiana is a great place for kids! There are plenty of things to do to keep them entertained. The city has a great park system with plenty of playgrounds and green space to explore. The museums and attractions downtown are also geared towards kids and families. The zoo is a great place to spend a day, and kids will love the hands-on exhibits at the science museum. There are also plenty of kid-friendly restaurants in town, so you’ll never go hungry. Plus, with all of the shopping and activities, you’re sure to find something for everyone in your family to enjoy.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Washington, Louisiana
1. Take a scenic drive along the levee road to see the sights of Washington and get a close up view of the mighty Mississippi River.
2. Visit the U.S. Mint in New Orleans to see how coins are made and to get a close up view of the historic French Quarter.
3. Take a streetcar ride through historic downtown New Orleans and see the famous architecture and unique shops.
4. Visit Audubon Zoo to see the animals and take a paddle boat ride through the park.
5. Take a Swamp Tour to see alligators, turtles, and other wildlife in their natural habitat.
6. Visit the Louisiana State Capital building in Baton Rouge to see the state’s government in action and to view the historic architecture.
7. Take a scenic drive along the bayous of south Louisiana to see the cypress trees and small towns.
8. Visit an authentic Cajun village to see how these people live and to try some of the delicious food.
9. Visit the National WWII Museum in New Orleans to learn about the history of the war and to see artifacts from the conflict.
10. Take a ferry ride across the Mississippi River to get a different perspective of the river and the levee system.