There are many kid friendly things to do on Washington Island. One can explore the island by foot, bike, golf cart, or car. There are several different parks on the island, each with their own distinct features. Many of the parks have playgrounds, picnic areas, and hiking trails. Some of the more popular parks include Day Park, Picnic Point Park, and Washington Park.
The Island also has a public beach, which is a great place to swim, sunbathe, or just enjoy the views. The beach is also a popular spot for fishing, boating, and kayaking. There is also a public pool on the island which is great for cooling off on hot summer days.
There are several museums on the island that are geared towards kids, such as the Washington Island Farm Museum and the Washington Island Maritime Museum. There are also a few art galleries that feature work by local artists.
For those looking for a more active vacation, there are several tennis courts, pickleball courts, and a public golf course. There are also several walking and biking trails that wind through the island’s forests and along the shoreline.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Washington Island, Wisconsin
1. Visit the Washington Island Farm Museum: The Washington Island Farm Museum is a great place to learn about the island’s agricultural history. The museum is located on a working farm, and visitors can take a tour of the farmhouse, barn, and other buildings. The museum also has a collection of old Farm equipment and tools.
2. Take a hike: There are many hiking trails on Washington Island, and they offer stunning views of the island and Lake Michigan. Many of the trails are suitable for families with young children.
3. Go fishing: Washington Island is a great place to fish, and there are many spots where you can cast your line. You can also go fishing from the shore, or you can rent a boat and go fishing on Lake Michigan.
4. Visit theWashington Island Lighthouse: The Washington Island Lighthouse is a historic landmark, and it offers breathtaking views of the island and Lake Michigan. The lighthouse is open to the public, and visitors can climb to the top of the tower for a small fee.
5. Visit the Schoolhouse Beach: Schoolhouse Beach is a secluded beach on Washington Island, and it is a great place to relax and enjoy the scenery. The beach is located near the island’s airport, and it is only a short walk from the parking lot.
6. Go bird watching: There are many different kinds of birds on Washington Island, and bird watching is a popular activity. You can see birds in the woods, on the beaches, and in the marshes.
7. Take a scenic drive: There are many scenic roads on Washington Island, and they offer beautiful views of the island and Lake Michigan. Many of the roads are suitable for motorcycles and cars.
8. Visit the Washington Island Winery: The Washington Island Winery is a family-owned business, and they offer a variety of different wines. You can take a tour of the winery, and you can also taste the wines.
9. Play golf: Washington Island is home to a 9-hole golf course, and it is a great place to play golf. The course is located near the island’s airport, and it is only a short drive from the parking lot.
10. Explore the town of Washington: The town of Washington is a great place to explore, and there are many shops, restaurants, and businesses. You can also take a walk or ride a bike around the town.