There are plenty of things to do in Washington, Illinois that are perfect for kids! For starters, the city is home to two great museums – the Peoria Riverfront Museum and the Illinois Railway Museum. Both offer a variety of interactive exhibits and activities that will keep kids entertained for hours. If your kids are itching to get outside, Washington is also home to a number of parks and playgrounds, including Kroger Park and Memorial Park. And, no visit to Washington would be complete without a stop at the world’s largest Gustav Link Grandfather Clock.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Washington, Illinois
1. Visit the Lincoln-Herndon Law Offices: Kids can learn about Abraham Lincoln’s early law career at this historical site.
2. explore the interior of the Old State Capitol: The Old State Capitol is a great place for kids to learn about Illinois history.
3. Take a picture with the larger-than-life Abraham Lincoln statue: What kid wouldn’t want to take a picture with one of the most iconic figures in American history?
4. Visit the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum: This museum is full of interactive exhibits that will keep kids entertained while they learn about Lincoln’s life and presidency.
5. Take a tour of the Springfield Union Station: Kids will love exploring this historic train station.
6. Watch a reenactment of Lincoln’s “House Divided” speech: This is a great activity for kids who are interested in American history.
7. Visit the Lincoln Home National Historic Site: Kids can learn about Lincoln’s early life at this historical site.
8. See the Lincoln- Douglas Debate site: This is a great activity for kids who are interested in American history.
9. Visit the grave of Abraham Lincoln: This is a great activity for kids who are interested in American history.
10. Participate in a hands-on activity at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum: This museum offers many interactive activities for kids to enjoy.