Wardenville is a small town located in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia. The town is situated in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, near the Shenandoah River. Despite its small size, Wardenville has a variety of kid-friendly activities to keep children entertained.
For outdoorsy kids, Wardenville offers hiking and biking trails, fishing spots, and picnicking areas. The town is also home to a community garden, where kids can help plant and tend to the vegetables and flowers. In the winter, families can go sledding and tubing at one of the local hills.
The Wardenville Library is a great place for kids to spend an afternoon. The library offers a variety of programs for kids, including story times, crafts, and movie screenings. The Wardenville Museum is another local destination that both kids and adults will enjoy. The museum features exhibits on the town’s history, as well as a genealogy center where visitors can research their own family history.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Wardensville, West Virginia
1. Visit the West Virginia Museum of American Glass
2. Take a scenic drive through the Appalachian Mountains
3. Go fishing or hiking in one of the many state parks
4. Visit the Historic McDonalds Farm
5. Learn about the area’s history at the Wardensville Heritage Museum
6. See the beautiful fall foliage at the Lost River State Park
7. Go apple picking at Orr’s Farm Market
8. Enjoy some homemade ice cream at Lickety Split
9. Play mini golf at Funland
10. Get up close and personal with nature at the Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad