There are plenty of things to do in Walpole with kids that are both fun and educational! The town is home to several parks, including Bird Sanctuary Park which has a playground, walking trails, and plenty of opportunities to see local birds and wildlife. The Walpole Museum is another great option for families, as it provides an insight into the town’s history and culture. For those looking for an active day out, Kingsbury Pond offers canoe and kayak rentals, while Randell’s Farm provides a great opportunity to learn about farming and see some adorable animals. Whatever your interests, you’re sure to find something to keep the whole family entertained in Walpole!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Walpole, Massachusetts
1. Visit one of the many farms in Walpole! There are several farms that offer tours and demonstrations, as well as opportunities to pick your own fruits and vegetables.
2. Take a walk or hike along one of Walpole’s many trails! There are trails of varying lengths and difficulty levels, so there’s something for everyone.
3. Go fishing at one of Walpole’s many ponds! You’ll need a fishing license, but it’s a great way to enjoy the outdoors and maybe even catch dinner.
4. Play a round of golf at one of Walpole’s several golf courses! This is a great activity for all ages and skill levels.
5. Visit the Walpole Public Library! In addition to offering a great selection of books, the library also has a variety of programs for kids, including story times and crafts.
6. Attend a performance at the Walpole Footlighters Theater! This community theater group puts on several shows throughout the year, many of which are family-friendly.
7. Go ice skating at the Walpole Recreation Center! This is a great activity for winter days.
8. Bowl a few games at the Westgate Lanes Bowling Alley! This is a great activity for rainy days.
9. Play at one of Walpole’s many parks! There are several parks in town, each with its own set of playground equipment and activities.
10. Visit thequiet farm animals at the Watersfarm! This is a great place to visit for animal lovers of all ages.