There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Walkersville, Maryland. For starters, there is the Walkersville Southern Railroad. This is a heritage railway that gives kids a chance to learn about and ride on real trains. There is also the Walkersville Recreation and Parks Department, which offers a variety of recreational activities for kids of all ages, including sports leagues, summer camps, and more. Additionally, Walkersville is home to a number of kid-friendly businesses, such as ice cream shops, toy stores, and a family-friendly restaurant. And, of course, there are plenty of parks and playgrounds for kids to enjoy. So, whether you’re looking for a educational activity, a chance to get active, or just some good old-fashioned fun, you’re sure to find it in Walkersville, Maryland.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Walkersville, Maryland
1. Visit the Walkersville Southern Railroad for a train ride: The Walkersville Southern Railroad offers train rides on a historic railroad track. The trains are kid-friendly and there is a snack bar on board.
2. Explore the Walkersville Farm Museum: The Walkersville Farm Museum is a collection of historic buildings and farm equipment. The museum is kid-friendly and offers a variety of activities.
3. Visit the WalkersvilleHistoric District: The Walkersville Historic District is a National Historic Landmark. The district is kid-friendly and offers a variety of activities.
4. Visit the Walkersville Lake: The Walkersville Lake is a man-made lake that is open to the public for fishing and swimming. The lake is also a popular spot for picnicking.
5. Hike the Appalachian Trail: The Appalachian Trail is a 2,181 mile long hiking trail that runs from Maine to Georgia. The trail is kid-friendly and offers a variety of activities.
6. Bike the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park: The Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park is a 184.5 mile long bike trail that runs from Washington, D.C. to Cumberland, Maryland. The trail is kid-friendly and offers a variety of activities.
7. Visit the National Aquarium in Baltimore: The National Aquarium in Baltimore is one of the largest aquariums in the United States. The aquarium is kid-friendly and offers a variety of activities.
8. Visit the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore: The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore is the oldest zoo in the United States. The zoo is kid-friendly and offers a variety of activities.
9. Visit the Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine: The Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine is a national monument and historic shrine dedicated to the War of 1812. The shrine is kid-friendly and offers a variety of activities.
10. Visit the Walters Art Museum: The Walters Art Museum is an art museum that is kid-friendly and offers a variety of activities.