If you’re looking for kid-friendly activities in Wales, Utah, you won’t be disappointed. There are plenty of things to keep the little ones busy, from hiking and exploring the great outdoors to visiting historic sites and learning about the area’s rich history.
Wales is home to some of the best hiking trails in the state, and there are plenty of options for all skill levels. For those looking for a challenge, the Devils Garden Trail is a must-do. This seven-mile loop takes you through some of the most scenic parts of the Wales countryside. For an easier hike, the one-mile Mill Creek Nature Trail is perfect for families with young children. This gentle trail follows a stream through a beautiful meadow and is a great way to get kids interested in nature.
If your kids are interested in history, they’ll love visiting the Cove Fort Historical Site. This fort was built in 1867 to protect settlers traveling through the area. Today, it’s a fascinating glimpse into the past, and kids will love exploring the old buildings and learning about pioneer life.
For a fun activity that the whole family can enjoy, head to the Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum. This museum is full of interesting exhibits about the history of Wales and the surrounding area. Kids will love seeing the pioneer artifacts and learning about the people who settled this part of Utah.
Whether your kids are active or curious, they’re sure to find plenty of things to do in Wales, Utah. This charming town is a great place to bring the whole family for a fun-filled vacation.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Wales, Utah
1. Visit the Utah Field House of Natural History State Park to learn about the area’s natural history and see some cool exhibits.
2. Drive up to Panguitch Lake to go fishing, hiking, or just to enjoy the scenic views.
3. Take a scenic drive through Zion National Park to see some of the most beautiful scenery in the country.
4. Visit the Bryce Canyon National Park to see the amazing rock formations and wildlife.
5. Ride horses at the Triple J Ranch, or go on a trail ride through the forests and mountains.
6. Go ATVing or dirt biking in the sand dunes at the Little Sahara Recreation Area.
7. Play some golf at one of the many courses in the area, such as the Sand Hollow Golf Course.
8. Go camping in one of the many beautiful campgrounds in the area, such as the Mormon Lake Campground.
9. Take a scenic hike through one of the many hiking trails in the area, such as the Zion Ponderosa Ranch Trail.
10. Visit the city of St. George to explore the shops, restaurants, and attractions.