Wakimachi is a small town located in the southeastern part of Japan. It is known for its kid-friendly environment and its many activities for children. The town has a population of just over 10,000 people and is located in the mountains, so it is a great place to enjoy the outdoors. There are hiking trails, a river for swimming and fishing, and a forest Park.
In town, there are several museums geared towards children including the Kids’ Museum, the Museum of Nature and Science, and the Museum of Photography. There is also an old-fashioned sweets shop and an ice cream parlor. Wakimachi is a great place to spend a day or two with kids. There are plenty of activities to keep them busy and they will love the small-town feel.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Wakimachi, Japan
1. Visit Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park
2. Stroll around Miyajima Island
3. Check out Itsukushima Shrine
4. Take a ride on the Shinkansen
5. Visit Himeji Castle
6. shop at Kurashiki Bikan Historical Quarter
7. Explore Okayama Castle
8. Visit the Korakuen Garden
9. See the Tsuyama Castle Ruins
10. Take a walk through Kibiji district
1. Visit Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park: This park is dedicated to the victims of the atomic bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima during World War II. The park is filled with monuments, museums, and exhibits that educate visitors about thebombing and its effects.
2. Stroll around Miyajima Island: Take a leisurely stroll around Miyajima Island and take in the stunning views of the sea and the mountains. The island is home to several shrines and temples, including the famous Itsukushima Shrine.
3. Check out Itsukushima Shrine: This shrine is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Japan. It is located on Miyajima Island and is known for its floating torii gate.
4. Take a ride on the Shinkansen: The Shinkansen is a high-speed train that runs between major cities in Japan. Taking a ride on the Shinkansen is a great way to see the country and to get from place to place quickly.
5. Visit Himeji Castle: Himeji Castle is one of the most well-preserved castles in Japan. It is located in the city of Himeji and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
6. shop at Kurashiki Bikan Historical Quarter: This district is known for its traditional buildings and homes, as well as its many shops and restaurants. It is a great place to wander around and to do some shopping.
7. Explore Okayama Castle: Okayama Castle is another well-preserved castle in Japan. It is located in the city of Okayama and is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
8. Visit the Korakuen Garden: This garden is one of the most beautiful gardens in Japan. It is located in the city of Okayama and is a great place to spend an afternoon.
9. See the Tsuyama Castle Ruins: The Tsuyama Castle Ruins are the remains of a castle that was destroyed in the early 1800s. The ruins are located in the city of Tsuyama and are a popular tourist attraction.
10. Take a walk through Kibiji district: The Kibiji district is a historic district that is known for its traditional houses and buildings. It is a great place to wander around and to learn about the history of the area.