Waikoloa, Hawaii is a great place for kids to vacation. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep them entertained throughout their stay. A few of the most popular kid-friendly activities in Waikoloa include swimming with dolphins at the dolphin center, exploring the lava tubes, and visiting the petroglyphs. Other popular activities include hiking, biking, and kayaking. With so many different activities to choose from, Waikoloa is a great place to vacation with kids.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Waikoloa, Hawaii
1. Visit Rainbow Falls: Rainbow Falls is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Waikoloa. The waterfall is located on the Wailuku River and is approximately 80 feet tall. Rainbow Falls is accessible by foot or by car.
2. Take a Helicopter Tour: A helicopter tour is a great way to see the island from a different perspective. There are several helicopter tour companies that operate in Waikoloa.
3. Visit the Waikoloa Petroglyph Preserve: The Waikoloa Petroglyph Preserve is home to over 23,000 ancient Hawaiian petroglyphs. The petroglyphs are located on the cliffs of Mauna Kea. The preserve is open to the public from 9:00am to 4:00pm.
4. Go Ziplining: Ziplining is a popular activity in Waikoloa. There are several zipline companies that operate in the area.
5. Visit the dolphin exhibit at the Hilton Waikoloa Village: The dolphin exhibit at the Hilton Waikoloa Village is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Waikoloa. The exhibit is open from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
6. Take a boat tour: There are several boat tour companies that operate in Waikoloa. Boat tours are a great way to see the island from the water.
7. Go snorkeling: Snorkeling is a popular activity in Waikoloa. There are several snorkeling spots located around the island.
8. Visit the Waikoloa Beach Adventure Park: The Waikoloa Beach Adventure Park is a great place for kids to play. The park has a variety of playground equipment, a water slide, and a sand volleyball court.
9. Go on a hike: There are several hiking trails located in Waikoloa. Hiking is a great way to see the island’s natural beauty.
10. Visit the Waikoloa Village Golf Course: The Waikoloa Village Golf Course is a great place to play golf. The course is open to the public from 7:00am to 6:00pm.