Vught is a lovely town in the Netherlands that is great for kids! There are plenty of green spaces to explore, like the Oisterwijkse Vennen and the Groote Wielen. The Loonse en Drunense Duinen are also nearby and make for a great day trip. If your kids are into museums, they will love the Bunker Museum, which is all about the Second World War. There are also plenty of kid-friendly restaurants and cafes in Vught.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Vught, Netherlands
1. Rent a bicycle and explore the town
2. Visit the local museum
3. Go for a walk in the park
4. Visit the castle
5. Visit the zoo
6. Go swimming in the pool
7. Play mini golf
8. Go on the rides at the amusement park
9. Get ice cream at the local shop
10. Play in the playground
1. What Is The Population Of Vught, Netherlands?
As of July 1, 2018, the population of Vught was estimated to be 27,291.
2. What Is The Area Of Vught, Netherlands?
The area of Vught is 8.31 square kilometers.
3. What Is The Climate Of Vught, Netherlands?
The climate of Vught is temperate with average temperatures ranging from 18-20 degrees Celsius in summer to 0-2 degrees Celsius in winter.
4. What Is The History Of Vught, Netherlands?
Vught has a rich history dating back to the Roman era when it was a settlement known as Vocht. It later became an important town in the Medieval period, and has been occupied by a number of different powers over the centuries including the Spanish, the French, and the Dutch.
5. What Are The Landmarks Of Vught, Netherlands?
Some of the notable landmarks in Vught include the Castle of Vught, the Catholic Church of Saint Peter and Paul, and the Hermitage of Saint Gertrude.
6. What Are The Things To Do In Vught, Netherlands?
There are a number of things to do in Vught, Netherlands. Some of the popular tourist attractions include visiting the Castle of Vught, taking a walk through the Vughtbos forest, and exploring the many shops and restaurants in the town center.
7. What Is The Food Like In Vught, Netherlands?
The food in Vught is typical of Dutch cuisine. Some of the popular dishes include stamppot (a dish made with potatoes and vegetables), hutspot (a stew made with potatoes and carrots), and pannenkoeken (pancakes).
8. What Is The Nightlife Like In Vught, Netherlands?
The nightlife in Vught is relatively quiet compared to other Dutch towns and cities. However, there are a few bars and clubs located in the town center that stay open until late.
9. What Is The Transportation Like In Vught, Netherlands?
The town of Vught is served by a number of bus routes. The closest airport is located in Eindhoven, which is about 30 minutes away by car.
10. What Are The Schools Like In Vught, Netherlands?
There are a number of schools located in Vught, Netherlands. Some of the notable schools include the Vught International School, the Vrije Universiteit, and the Fontys Hogeschool.