Visby is a small town located on the Swedish island of Gotland. Although it is small, there are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep your little ones entertained. The town is home to a number of museums, including the Gotland Museum which has a children’s section with interactive exhibits. There is also an outdoor play area and a playground located in the town center. If your kids are looking for something more active, there are a number of hiking and biking trails located just outside of town. For a unique activity, you can also take a short boat ride to the nearby island of Fårö where you can explore the beaches and cliffs.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Visby, Sweden
1. Take a walk along the medieval city walls: The city walls of Visby are among the best-preserved in Europe and provide a great way to explore the city. Kids will love walking along the walls and checking out the many towers and gates.
2. Visit the St. Mary’s Cathedral: The St. Mary’s Cathedral is a beautiful medieval church that is definitely worth a visit. Kids will love exploring the inside of the church and checking out the many works of art.
3. Visit the Götheborg Museum: The Götheborg Museum is a must-see for anyone interested in Swedish history. Kids will love exploring the ship and learning about life in Sweden during the 18th century.
4. Visit the Botanical Garden: The Botanical Garden is a great place to take a stroll and admire the many plant species on display. Kids will love exploring the gardens and learning about the different plants.
5. Visit the Visby Zoo: The Visby Zoo is a great option for families with kids. The zoo has a wide variety of animals on display, plus a playground and a petting zoo.
6. Go on a boat tour: A boat tour is a great way to see the city from a different perspective. Kids will love riding on the boat and seeing the sights of Visby from the water.
7. Visit the Gotland Art Museum: The Gotland Art Museum is a great place to see some of the best art in Sweden. Kids will love seeing the many paintings and sculptures on display.
8. Take a swim at the Visby Beach: The Visby Beach is a great place to take a dip in the summer months. Kids will love swimming in the water and playing in the sand.
9. Go on a horseback ride: Horseback riding is a great way to explore the countryside around Visby. Kids will love riding through the forests and fields, and maybe even getting a chance to see some wild animals.
10. Play in the park: The parks in Visby are great places for kids to run around and play. There are many playgrounds, plus a variety of activities and attractions.