There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to enjoy in Villach, Austria. For starters, the city is home to several parks perfect for an afternoon picnic or a game of fetch with your furry friend. The family can also take a leisurely stroll through the Old Town, stopping to enjoy the architecture and people watch. If you’re looking for something a bit more active, take the kids to the Museum of Congresses and Festivals for a day of learning and fun. Or, for a unique experience, head to the Minimundus Theme Park to see miniature replicas of some of the world’s most famous landmarks. Whatever you choose to do, your family is sure to have a blast in Villach!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Villach, Austria
1. Visit the castle: The castle in Villach is a great place to take the kids. They can explore the rooms and grounds, and even go on a castle tour.
2. Go to the Villach Christmas Market: The Christmas market is a great place to take the kids to get in the holiday spirit. They can buy gifts for the family, and try some delicious Austrian food.
3. Take a walk in the old city: The old city is full of charming cobblestone streets and historic buildings. It’s a great place to take a leisurely stroll with the kids.
4. Visit the museum: The museum is a great place to learn about the history of Villach. The kids will love seeing the exhibits and learning about the city’s past.
5. Go for a swim: Villach has several great swimming spots, both indoors and outdoors. The kids will love cooling off in the water on a hot day.
6. Take a hike: There are several excellent hiking trails in Villach, perfect for a family outing. The kids will love exploring the forests and mountains.
7. Visit the zoo: The zoo is a great place to take the kids to see animals from all over the world. They can learn about the different species and even feed some of the animals.
8. Ride the roller coasters: The nearby theme park, PARC Vergnügen, has several great roller coasters that the kids will love. They can scream their heads off and have a great time.
9. Go sledding: Villach has several great sledding hills, perfect for a winter day. The kids will love flying down the hill on their sleds.
10. Have a snowball fight: A snowball fight is a great way to have some fun with the kids. They can make snowballs and have a blast pelting each other with them.