Vilalba is a municipality in the province of Lugo, in Galicia, northwestern Spain. The town is on the Camino Primitivo, one of the routes of the Way of St. James.
Vilalba is a great place for families with children. There are many kid-friendly activities to enjoy in the town, including the following:
1. Visit the Liébana Petroglyphs. These ancient carvings are thought to date back to the Bronze Age. They are located in a forest near the village of El Teixeiro.
2. Tour the Castro de Vilalba. This ancient archaeological site includes the ruins of a Celtic settlement.
3. Visit the 18th century San Martin de Turon Church.
4. Stroll through the beautiful gardens of the El Carmen de Agua convent.
5. Take a ride on the Vilalba Miniature Railway. This is a great activity for kids of all ages.
6. Play in the Parque Infantil, a great park with a playground, located in the center of town.
7. Visit the Museo do Pobo Galego, a museum dedicated to the culture and history of the Galician people.
8. Take a hike through the stunning landscapes of the nearby Sierra de Ancares.
There are many other great things to do in Vilalba with kids. These are just a few of the many options available.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Vilalba, Spain
1. Visit the Pena Palace
The Pena Palace is a popular tourist destination in Vilalba. The Palace is a beautiful castle that was built in the 19th century. The castle has numerous towers and turrets that make it a unique sight to see. Visitors can tour the inside of the castle and learn about its history.
2. Take a hike through the Sierra de Gredos
The Sierra de Gredos is a mountain range that is located near Vilalba. Hiking through the mountains is a great way to see the natural beauty of the area. There are numerous trails that wind through the mountains. Visitors can also stop at one of the many lookout points to take in the stunning views.
3. Go fishing in the Ribera del Duero
The Ribera del Duero is a river that runs through Vilalba. Fishing is a popular activity in the river. Visitors can rent a boat and explore the river. There are also many fishing spots along the river where visitors can try their luck at catching fish.
4. Visit the Pazo de Oca
The Pazo de Oca is a historic mansion in Vilalba. The mansion was built in the 16th century and has a beautiful exterior. Visitors can tour the inside of the mansion and learn about its history. The mansion is also surrounded by gardens that are perfect for exploring.
5. Stroll through the Plaza de Mayo
The Plaza de Mayo is a square that is located in the center of Vilalba. The square is a popular gathering place for locals and visitors alike. There are many shops and restaurants located around the square. Visitors can also take in the sights of the surrounding area from the square.
6. Check out the Museo Provincial de Bellas Artes
The Museo Provincial de Bellas Artes is a museum that is located in Vilalba. The museum features a variety of exhibits that showcase the work of local artists. Visitors can also purchase artwork from the museum.
7.Explore the Cuevas de Valporquero
The Cuevas de Valporquero are a series of caves that are located near Vilalba. The caves are a popular tourist destination. Visitors can take a tour of the caves and see the stalactites and stalagmites that have formed over the years.
8. Take a walk through the Parque de San Roque
The Parque de San Roque is a park that is located in Vilalba. The park is a great place to take a stroll and enjoy the scenery. The park is also home to a variety of animals, including ducks and swans.
9. Visit the Iglesia de San Miguel Arcangel
The Iglesia de San Miguel Arcangel is a church that is located in Vilalba. The church is a beautiful sight to see. Visitors can tour the inside of the church and learn about its history. The church is also surrounded by a park that is perfect for exploring.
10. View the town from the Torre de Vilalba
The Torre de Vilalba is a tower that is located in Vilalba. The tower offers sweeping views of the town and the surrounding area. Visitors can climb to the top of the tower and take in the sights.